Options

Passed VPN 642-648 Today!

viper75viper75 Member Posts: 726 ■■■■□□□□□□
Took VPN today and scored 958.

The exam was fair and straight forward.

Used CBT Nuggets with my buddy Keith Barker, Cisco Press book, real world experience, labs and labs, Cisco.com and google.com

Felt the OCG was well written and provides all the info you need to pass the test. I wanted to get this test done before the deadline of April 21st. I'm halfway there. Need to do IPS and SECURE. I don't think I will have enough time to complete at least one of them. I know SECURE is a bull. I might just try and see what I can do with IPS before the deadline.

Anyway, good luck to anyone that is planning on taking this test soon. It's not that bad if you study and lab.
CCNP Security - DONE!
CCNP R&S - In Progress...
CCIE Security - Future...

Comments

• Options
    FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • Options
    RouteMyPacketRouteMyPacket Member Posts: 1,104
    Congrats! If I were you I would wait and study for and take the 300-208 SISAS. The material is more focused looks like and you cannot go wrong in learning and labbing ISE/TrustSec.

Also, the old IPS exam would be another I would be grateful to skip and study and take the 300-207 SITCS. Once again, the material appears to be much better and more real world. A lot of people find/found it hard to lab for the IPS exam because who can rack a 4240 in their home lab (luckily, I did)? The big thing you should be anxious about the 300-207 exam is the NGFW stuff. Cisco IPS is really not a huge market and I have yet to really run into any environment that was fully invested in it so it's good that they added NGFW and not IPS 4240 v7.0
    Modularity and Design Simplicity:

Think of the 2:00 a.m. test—if you were awakened in the
    middle of the night because of a network problem and had to figure out the
    traffic flows in your network while you were half asleep, could you do it?
  • Options
    viper75viper75 Member Posts: 726 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Thanks for the advice. I wish Cisco had the books out for the new test. Now we have to wait for them to come out. Grrrr!!!!
    CCNP Security - DONE!
    CCNP R&S - In Progress...
    CCIE Security - Future...
  • Options
    maharalielmaharaliel Member Posts: 119
    Congrats, I agree with RouteMyPacket advice.
  • Options
    RouteMyPacketRouteMyPacket Member Posts: 1,104
    viper75 wrote: »
    Thanks for the advice. I wish Cisco had the books out for the new test. Now we have to wait for them to come out. Grrrr!!!!

Go ahead and read through the SECURE material, the dot1x, DMVPN materials are good and very real world.
    Modularity and Design Simplicity:

Think of the 2:00 a.m. test—if you were awakened in the
    middle of the night because of a network problem and had to figure out the
    traffic flows in your network while you were half asleep, could you do it?
  • Options
    SharkDiverSharkDiver Member Posts: 844
    Congratulations!!!
    Nice job.
  • Options
    PCHoldmannPCHoldmann Member Posts: 450
    Congrats!
    There's no place like ^$
    Visit me at Route, Switch, Blog