Looking to take the 70-680 again

DrB1986DrB1986 Member Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hello,

I am looking to take the win 7 exam again for I have a possible job offer to work a contract to hire position with the navy's MSC which requires me to have an MCP or MCTS in a certain amount of time. I have taken the exam around 2 years ago but failed with my score being around 640-650 which is not bad considering I didn't have a lot of experience on win 7 back then, any advice on how to prepare for this exam and what books I should take or does anyone know of a current easier MCP or MCTS exam I can take.

P.S. on my win 7 experience I do have user and admin experience with it now.

Comments

• linuxloverlinuxlover Banned Posts: 228
    I have also found myself needing to acquire MCSA Win7 in order to land the most basic Support job out there so I'm too studying for 70-680. I've done Messer's videos and now I'm going through Don Poulton's book as it's highly recommended and I don't argue with the community here. So those are my only study sources. Based on what I've learned with Professor Messer's videos, this shouldn't be hard to pass with only this one book. If you have admin experience like you say, you should be just fine.
  • mckmas8808mckmas8808 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    linuxlover wrote: »
    I have also found myself needing to acquire MCSA Win7 in order to land the most basic Support job out there so I'm too studying for 70-680. I've done Messer's videos and now I'm going through Don Poulton's book as it's highly recommended and I don't argue with the community here. So those are my only study sources. Based on what I've learned with Professor Messer's videos, this shouldn't be hard to pass with only this one book. If you have admin experience like you say, you should be just fine.

Are you able to access the virtual labs to practice hands on?