Options

Oracle Certifications Help

cptmellowcptmellow Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi guys I need to get a Oracle certification for a job that I am applying to. I am leaning towards getting the associate certification first. I was wondering where can i get the study materials. I don't want to spend ~$2000 on training classes. Is this doable without taking the training classes? Please let me know as it would be really helpful. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Options
    ZorodzaiZorodzai Member Posts: 357 ■■■■■■■□□□
    There are a lot of Oracle products and certifications out there - are you interested in databases technologies (admin or developer), Java, Solaris (unix)....... For the most part you will need to achieve Associate level before you can attempt Professional level certs (a lot of which require attendance of an official Oracle course).
  • Options
    cptmellowcptmellow Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Zorodzai wrote: »
    There are a lot of Oracle products and certifications out there - are you interested in databases technologies (admin or developer), Java, Solaris (unix)....... For the most part you will need to achieve Associate level before you can attempt Professional level certs (a lot of which require attendance of an official Oracle course).

I was thinking about doing the OCA Oracle Database 11g...also how long would you recommend studying for the exams?