Healthcare IT HIT-001 Study Guides

Macpro76Macpro76 Member Posts: 79 ■■□□□□□□□□
I took the HIT-001 about a month ago. I had bought the book from amazon.
CompTIA Healthcare IT Technician HIT-001 Authorized Cert Guide: Joy Dark, Jean Andrews: 9780789749291: Amazon.com: Books
Price is not bad and the writing is ok. I read it twice (didnt want to chance it). Made a study guide using the objectives on my second wave of reading. I thought I would share with with TechExam users. Its a cert that is only necessary if you are going/want to go into the Healthcare industry as a IT professional. I figured, for $62. why not make the investment. I friend of mine works at Yale and he still doesn't have it. I mentioned it to him, (that I got it). He said, they many of the other IT professionals have it and make more. For what its worth, $62, book price, and a few hours of studying is not a bad investment.
Hope the study guides help. I usually make them in quizlet.com, this way I can hear it while I am driving.
Here they are:
1. HIT-001_table.pdf
2. HIT-001_flashcards.pdf
[ ] PDI+, [ ] Cloud Essentials, /B] [B Project+
[*
] CompTIA: A+, Network+, Server+, Security+, Healthcare IT, Green IT
/B]*[SIZE=2 MTA: Server, OS, Network, Security
/SIZE]*[SIZE=2 Apple: ACSP v10.8, ACMT v10.8, Mac Integration v10.7 & v10.8 [/SIZE]

Linkedin: http://www.linkedin.com/in/tdadarwala/

Comments

• IRQLIRQL Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    The HIT has been on my radar as a possibility for a while. Thank you for the downloads!
  • pamelacpamelac Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thank you for the study assistance. I have been through the electronic version of the course and I am sure that with this additional help will give me the edge I need.
  • ThePawofRizzoThePawofRizzo Member Posts: 389 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I took this cert more than a year ago, and used the text that MacPro76 suggests It was worthy study guide. It's probably more an entry-level cert, but I wanted something to affirm my skills with the possible increase in HIT jobs.
  • MPoeMPoe Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks so much, Macpro76!
  • Eston21Eston21 Member Posts: 76 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the study guide. I used it to pass my test today.
  • ethicsethics Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the guides...going to write in the next month or so.
  • jasonlvjasonlv Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on passing the exam and a special Thank You for Guides, I'll definitely put them to good use!!
  • OcarusOcarus Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I am an IT pro at a Level 2 Hospital for 2 years, in other IT for since 2004. Fortunately most of my previous experience has served me well in the HIT field. I work in AEMR, ambulatory electronic medical records. We set up Provider's offices for EMR/EHR, HIPAA compliance, conversion to electronic records, Go Live support, and dictation and charting in the EMR/EHR. The whole ball of wax. I see the process from registration thru discharge, and all the technical problems networking thru end user support. (read Joy Dark and Jean Andrews book first, thought it was a bit basic, but a good primer. However I found Mark Ciampa's Introduction to HIT a bit more informational.) I am taking the test this Sat, so I am hoping their are no surprises, but I will gladly report back. If you have any questions feel free to ask. I also studied the practice tests from both kindle books from the online downloads.
  • datacombossdatacomboss Member Posts: 304 ■■■□□□□□□□
    How much value does your hospital place on that certification? I've been in HIT on the hospital and clinical sides since 1997 and I don't ever see any specific healthcare-related requirements for HIT jobs other than CPHIMS or CHPS.
    "If I were to say, 'God, why me?' about the bad things, then I should have said, 'God, why me?' about the good things that happened in my life."

Arthur Ashe

Ocarus let us know how you do. Good luck. If you've done that much studying I think you'll be well prepared.
  • stryder144stryder144 Member Posts: 1,684 ■■■■■■■■□□
    How much value does your hospital place on that certification? I've been in HIT on the hospital and clinical sides since 1997 and I don't ever see any specific healthcare-related requirements for HIT jobs other than CPHIMS or CHPS.

I, too, am interested in the value of the HIT cert in hospitals. We have a ton of hospitals in the area and I've never seen the HIT cert come up.
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me
  • jhntbrightjhntbright Member Posts: 69 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for sharing!
  • OcarusOcarus Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Ocarus wrote: »
    I am an IT pro at a Level 2 Hospital for 2 years, in other IT for since 2004. Fortunately most of my previous experience has served me well in the HIT field. I work in AEMR, ambulatory electronic medical records. We set up Provider's offices for EMR/EHR, HIPAA compliance, conversion to electronic records, Go Live support, and dictation and charting in the EMR/EHR. The whole ball of wax. I see the process from registration thru discharge, and all the technical problems networking thru end user support. (read Joy Dark and Jean Andrews book first, thought it was a bit basic, but a good primer. However I found Mark Ciampa's Introduction to HIT a bit more informational.) I am taking the test this Sat, so I am hoping their are no surprises, but I will gladly report back. If you have any questions feel free to ask. I also studied the practice tests from both kindle books from the online downloads.

Follow up: I noticed you get 60 min for 75 question. I used 2 books, which i read twice. 2 practice tests from the books, and notes from this site. My overall advice is this test is passable w/o question. The questions are not long, just require some knowledge from the books. I do have some on the job experience, which helped. any questions ask. Pic for proof, see attached
    Nice job! Congrats!
  • HealthcareITCHealthcareITC Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Wow, Nice job! Congrats!
  • DrethylDrethyl Member Posts: 121 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I'm going to be going for this by the end of the year before it is removed from comptia. It's only $90 after the 15% off and the book is only 300+ pages so I'm going to try and study for it after my Security +. Thanks for the study guide it will help tremendously.
  • Greeny68!Greeny68! Registered Users Posts: 1 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the study guides. I live in Baltimore, where there are many hospitals and clinics. HIT is definitely becoming more sought after. I got my A+ in November, taking this one at end of the week.
    Good luck Greeny68! Keep us posted on your success. I took this one over a year, or two ago. I found it to be a good review of the terms and information I've used in an IT job at a health insurance company. I don't recall that it was phenomenally difficult, but I did think it to be a validation of knowledge. I do hope it is becoming more recognized. I would think healthcare organizations would see HIT as a good baseline of training for potential job candidates.
  • prontospyderprontospyder Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for sharing your notes!
  • j23evanj23evan Member Posts: 135 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Thanks for sharing your study resources. I took the exam last weekend and surprisingly passed. I underestimated it, and thought that if I brushed up on the terminology and retention dates I would be good to go. Two years experience in Enterprise Healthcare engineering did not prepare me well enough. For anyone else considering taking this exam, it isn't a pushover. Ocarus's 900 is very impressive.
    https://vWrong.com - Microsoft Certified Trainer 2013-2018 - VMware vExpert 2014-2018 - Cisco Champion 2018 - http://linkedin.com/in/j23evan/
  • aptgetaptget Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thank you for posting your study materials.
  • Mac guy 224Mac guy 224 Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    dose anybody have the companion CD thain the back of the book ? I have the kindle ver and it didn't come with it
  • Usul0Usul0 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    The CD seems as if it is no longer supported. I keep getting failure to login error when I try it. Between Macpro76's flashcards and the book you should be set.
  • MagnumOpusMagnumOpus Member Posts: 107
    Thanks for the share!
    dose anybody have the companion CD thain the back of the book ? I have the kindle ver and it didn't come with it

have u used ucertify?
    have you use ucertify
  • tmtextmtex Member Posts: 326 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Mac guy - Which book?
    CompTIA Healthcare IT Technician HIT-001 Cert Guide
  • tmtextmtex Member Posts: 326 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Ok mine is different