CCENT/CCNA Hangout Study Group

NytrocideNytrocide Member Posts: 225
I've seen some study groups here and there in this section, but haven't seen anything similar to this. I got my CCNA back in September right before the deadline, and I'm trying to catch up a bit and refresh myself doing some material. I see a lot of people on here clamoring for an active, close-knit study group, and I'm proposing a CCENT/CCNA Google Hangouts study group/chat where anyone can ask a question or chat about a subject at any time. Keep in mind you can shut off notifications whenever you want.

Most of us have smartphones, and all have computers, so this is easily do-able from anywhere. With the video feature available on both as well, maybe we could set up a weekly (or more frequent) group video chat. Google Hangouts is available on PC (and integrated in Gmail), Mac, iOS, Android, etc. so it's more of a viable platform than say iMessage or something similar that's platform specific.

If anyone is interested, send me a PM (or post your thoughts here) and I'll add you to the chat/group! Been wanting to do this for a while...just when you seem to drift off into la-la land, you get a message from someone to get you back on track and in the Cisco state of mind! icon_wink.gif
Goals for 2014: CCNA: Voice / CCNA: Security

Comments

• shyguyITshyguyIT Member Posts: 380
    I would be interested in joining this.
    2017 Goals:
    Route[X], Switch [], TSHOOT[]
  • NytrocideNytrocide Member Posts: 225
    Yeah I remember that (I joined too!), and I feel the whole Google Groups thing threw it off. I'm aiming for a Hangouts group only, for file storage we'll get it situated once we have a group going.

Also, there's no need to participate in the video chats if anyone feels uncomfortable. While the video chat is active you can just text chat and we'll see it and respond just like anyone else doing video.

I'll gladly start the group, just start PMing me your info and I'll add asap. I have this thread subscribed with instant email notifications and my phone is considered an additional organ on my body, haha.
    Anyone else wanna hop in? Got some people on it already, would love some more to add to the conversation/study! :)
  • mrjoefridaymrjoefriday Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I'd be interested in joining as well. What type of schedule were you thinking?
  • CerebroCerebro Member Posts: 108
    I am interested, but I'm located in the UK...would this be a problem?
    2014 goals: ICND2[]

• XyroXyro Member Posts: 623
    I'd be interested in joining as well. What type of schedule were you thinking?
    I'm interested in this as well.
  • loxleynewloxleynew Member Posts: 405
    I'm interested how far along is everyone or different stages? I only started to re-learn the CCNA track a week ago =/
    I've gone through Odem's ICND1 and going through his ICND2 now and making notes.

We're doing both the CCENT and CCNA, all levels. Friendly discussion where you can ask about an issue or bounce a question off anyone. Those interested please PM me your Google email. UK, US, Mars, doesn't matter! :)

As far as stages, I passed my CCNA back in September but forget almost all of it besides the basics. Life was a little hectic from October to very recently and I'm wanting to dive head first and familiarize myself with everything once again.
    So glad Mars is included! icon_lol.gif
  • bboothboybboothboy Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Sign me up too! I'm having issues with my CCNA I class in college.
  • sixtytensixtyten Member Posts: 84 ■■□□□□□□□□
    count me in.. I need some motivation to push through the rest of this ICND2 material.

Thanks!
  • THA_DOCTHA_DOC Member Posts: 99 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Ok Nytrocide, count in, I am interested. Let me know what is needed and I'll be there.
    An Open Mind, Working to Get IT!:cheers:

DOC
  • Santa_Santa_ Member Posts: 131 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Ah, yes.. the Google Groups didn't last long. The TE is better situated towards what the CCENT/CCNA Google Group wasn't. Looking back at it now and wondering where all the time went and I have yet to have my CCNA completed or even the CCENT.

I'm interested in joining the Hangouts. Can we do a mini-assignment at the end? Like a lab of some sort, depending on the users knowledge they can participate or not. If they don't then whoever did can explain the way they went about it and so forth.

Sign me up!
    Added everyone who sent me their info, nine people so far!

@Santa - Yeah I was thinking that maybe we can find some lab/problem files for Packet Tracer, etc. and compare configs, etc. Be sure to send me your info and I'll add asap
  • gbdavidxgbdavidx Member Posts: 840
    cant wait to get out of help desk!!
  • MoabMoab Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I am interested as well but, I'm studying for the Microsoft 74-409 the test date is March 25. I would be happy to join in after that. Couldn't pass up a free exam! icon_cool.gif
    gbdavidx wrote: »
    cant wait to get out of help desk!!

Can't wait to get in it! lol
  • MrPuzzlezMrPuzzlez Member Posts: 89 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I want in, too! Talking Cisco is fun!:)
  • OpenSourceOpenSource Member Posts: 135
    I'm interested in a place to share information and possibly help with the motivation aspect of studying...
  • goree2010goree2010 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I'd be interested in joining as well. Let me know what you need.
  • RINTI1012RINTI1012 Member Posts: 23 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Im in, i passed icnd1 4 months ago, planning icnd2
    I have sent you my details.

• Elijah09Elijah09 Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    New member here. Would like to join the group.
  • fifrascofifrasco Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I'm definitely interested and will pm'ing you my info. I'm planning on taking my exam in April and would like some help on subnetting.
  • White WizardWhite Wizard Member Posts: 179
    Sign me up!

Taking CCENT on 03/18, just have a few protocols I need to review.

Do we ask our questions on this thread or do we send emails?
    "The secret to happiness is doing what you love. The secret to success is loving what you do."
    Any updates with this or did it simply die out?