Learn Linux for free this summer through EdX and Harvard U.

BokehBokeh Member Posts: 1,636 ■■■■■■■□□□

Comments

• dsgmdsgm Member Posts: 228 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Santa_Santa_ Member Posts: 131 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks for sharing! This will definitely be a busy summer. I've been wanting to jump into Linux for awhile, but with a course like this I think it will help me do so in the best way.

Signed up.
  • praminpramin Member Posts: 138 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the link/info. Great find !!!
  • N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    What a great class and post. Nice work!
  • m1xaylom1xaylo Member Posts: 59 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Awesome link .. I did set up an account but I didnt saw Linux anywhere other than info page ... am I missing something???
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Oh my, I almost reported this post instead of repping Bokeh. Note to self: no TE posting before coffee.

Thanks a lot! Signed up.
  • praminpramin Member Posts: 138 ■■■□□□□□□□
    m1xaylo wrote: »
    Awesome link .. I did set up an account but I didnt saw Linux anywhere other than info page ... am I missing something???

Click on the link in the third paragraph (it's the hyperlink for Foundation's course) to setup the account and sign up for the class

https://www.edx.org/course/linuxfoundationx/linuxfoundationx-lfs101x-introduction-1621
  • ZorodzaiZorodzai Member Posts: 357 ■■■■■■■□□□
    not available for my region icon_sad.gif .........oh well
  • shyguyITshyguyIT Member Posts: 380
    Signed up as well thanks for the link!
    2017 Goals:
    Route[X], Switch [], TSHOOT[]
  • m1xaylom1xaylo Member Posts: 59 ■■■□□□□□□□
    pramin wrote: »
    Click on the link in the third paragraph (it's the hyperlink for Foundation's course) to setup the account and sign up for the class

https://www.edx.org/course/linuxfoundationx/linuxfoundationx-lfs101x-introduction-1621

Found it ... had to wait to get a confirmation email back ... tnx!
  • Asif DaslAsif Dasl Member Posts: 2,116 ■■■■■■■■□□
  • proph21proph21 Member Posts: 34 ■■■□□□□□□□
    This couldn't have come at a better time. Thank you so much for sharing :D
  • maakshifmaakshif Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Awesome find! Thank you for sharing.:D
  • BokehBokeh Member Posts: 1,636 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Yep looks like it is going to be a good course
  • yuddhidhtiryuddhidhtir Member Posts: 196 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Thanks, signed up, when its going to start?
    “Satisfaction lies in the effort, not in the attainment; full effort is full victory.”
  • xenodamusxenodamus Member Posts: 758
    Awesome find...I'm nearing the end of a Linux+ guide that I've been working through. This will be great reinforcement.

I don't see a start date either, though. I guess they'll be emailing more info as we get closer.
    CISSP | CCNA:R&S/Security | MCSA 2003 | A+ S+ | VCP6-DTM | CCA-V CCP-V
  • Cert PoorCert Poor Member Posts: 240 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Says it'll start in 3rd Quarter, so July at the earliest. Thank you Bokeh! Signed up.
    In progress: MTA: Database Fundamentals (98-364)
    Next up: CompTIA Cloud Essentials+ (CLO-002) or LPI Linux Essentials (010-160)
    Earned: CompTIA A+, Net+, Sec+, Server+, Proj+
    ITIL-F v3 2011 | ServiceNow CSA, CAD, CIS | CWNP CWTS
  • IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    I need to refresh my Linux skills so I just signed up.
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com
  • JockVSJockJockVSJock Member Posts: 1,118
    I've signed up as well...
    ***Freedom of Speech, Just Watch What You Say*** Example, Beware of CompTIA Certs (Deleted From Google Cached)

"Its easier to deceive the masses then to convince the masses that they have been deceived."
    -unknown
  • cgrimaldocgrimaldo Member Posts: 439 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I signed up the other day...
  • chanakyajupudichanakyajupudi Member Posts: 712
    Signed up !
    Work In Progress - RHCA [ ] Certified Cloud Security Professional [ ] GMON/GWAPT if Work Study is accepted [ ]
    http://adarsh.amazonwebservices.ninja

• Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Sweet thanks for link!! icon_thumright.gif

Signed up
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • spiderjerichospiderjericho Registered Users, Member Posts: 890 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Thanks for posting.
  • astrogeekastrogeek Member Posts: 251 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Some interesting courses on that site, but without a doubt the Linux course looks most interesting!
  • leefdaddyleefdaddy Member Posts: 405
    Thanks signed up.
    Dustin Leefers
  • Antonio72Antonio72 Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Awesome! Signed up, thanks.
  • demonfurbiedemonfurbie Member Posts: 1,819
    i do linux often but i still think im gonna sign up
    wgu undergrad: done ... woot!!
    WGU MS IT Management: done ... double woot :cheers:
  • JockVSJockJockVSJock Member Posts: 1,118
    Today I got this email
    We hope you're looking forward to the start of the Linux Foundation’s first edX course, Introduction to Linux.

We want to share some exciting news—in addition to offering the Linux course for free with an Honor Code Certificate, we now offer you the option to upgrade to an edX Verified Certificate of Achievement. You can opt to register for a verified certificate for US$250.

The verified certificate shows you have successfully completed the course and that your identity was verified through your photo and ID. And all money raised through verified certificates goes to support the edX mission.

Interested in upgrading to the verified track? Go to your edX dashboard. Under this course you will now see an "upgrade" option that will allow you to easily move from the free "honor code" certificate to the "verified" certificate track.

For more information on edX verified certificates, please visit the
    edX Verified Certificate of Achievement info page.

- The Intro to Linux Team

Anyone else get this?
    ***Freedom of Speech, Just Watch What You Say*** Example, Beware of CompTIA Certs (Deleted From Google Cached)

"Its easier to deceive the masses then to convince the masses that they have been deceived."
    -unknown
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Yes, I also got it. Definitely won't be upgrading.
  • XyroXyro Member Posts: 623
    JockVSJock wrote: »
    Anyone else get this?

I didn't, but I was disappointed to see during sign up that the "small fee" for the verified certificate was $250. icon_lol.gif

I signed up for the honor certificate instead.