Options

A+ 220-801 & 220-802 Study Materials

Kevster1188Kevster1188 Member Posts: 18 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi all,

I have been a Computer Tech for 7 years now and have recently passed all the Microsoft MTA Exams and was looking for something else to study because the MCSA 8.1 or 2012 R2 books are not available yet. Does anyone have any advice on the best book/ study material for the A+ exams?
I used Sybex for the MTA but I don't know if these will be any good for CompTIA. If anyone knows of any practice tests on the net then that'll be awsome also.

Any help will be great. Thank you!

Comments

• Options
    BokehBokeh Member Posts: 1,636 ■■■■■■■□□□
  • Options
    VelocitiiVelocitii Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Bokeh wrote: »

On a rating of 1-10, how good are his video lessons?

I read through Mike Meyer's A+ book and I learned alot, but there's still alot I'm not too sure about. If I watch the videos for A+ and take some notes, you think it's possible to pass the A+ cert with just that?
  • Options
    ITnewbITnewb Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Velocitii wrote: »

I read through Mike Meyer's A+ book and I learned alot, but there's still alot I'm not too sure about. If I watch the videos for A+ and take some notes, you think it's possible to pass the A+ cert with just that?

The videos he has are awesome. I used them mostly before I took my 801 exam last thursday. He also has a study guide that is really helpful but it costs money. Hope this helps :)
  • Options
    CJWelch89CJWelch89 Member Posts: 49 ■■■□□□□□□□

I've just passed both exams using the Mike Meyers book coupled with Professor messer and Boson practice exams. I highly recommend the Boson exam software, it made taking the real exams a breeze. If you haven't heard of CBT Nuggets check them out too, like Pro Messer but from a different perspective and much more in depth imo.
  • Options
    Clem25Clem25 Member Posts: 51 ■■■□□□□□□□

Do you think if I only watched the PM videos and took notes and studied, that I would learn enough to pass the exam without anything else? Just curious, I've watched all the videos and have studied my own notes along with PM's study guide with all of the different pictures of the cables and connectors. Thanks.