Options

Convert from LAP to autonomous mode issue

rafterman127rafterman127 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
I bought some after market 1242's for extended coverage in my warehouse. The current 1242's I have are all set up in autonomous mode.
When I console into the AP's I bought they are looking for a CAPWAP -Controller obviously from the previous environment.

*Mar 1 00:46:37.102: %CAPWAP-3-ERRORLOG: Did not get log server settings from DHCP.
*Mar 1 00:46:38.104: %CAPWAP-3-ERRORLOG: Could Not resolve CISCO-CAPWAP-CONTROLLER.xxx
*Mar 1 00:46:38.106: %CAPWAP-3-ERRORLOG: Could Not resolve CISCO-LWAPP-CONTROLLER.xxx
*Mar 1 00:48:38.106: %CAPWAP-5-DHCP_RENEW: Could not discover WLC using DHCP IP. Renewing DHCP IP.

#sh version
#Version 12.4(21a)JA2

System image file is "flash:/c1240-rcvk9w8-mx/c1240-rcvk9w8-mx >>>Lightweight image

As it happens I do have some more 1242's lying around. I did try and copy via TFTP the image from one of them but some reason I get an error telling me that the file name is a directory and not a file. I've done a sh. flash and got to the below directory but I don't see a *.bin file name anywhere. I've "cd" into the directory but I still cant find the file.

c1240-k9w7-tar.124-13b.JA >>>>Autonomous image

I'm guessing that I am looking at the extracted version of the file? First off can i re-use an image from one of my own AP? I dont have a Cisco account to download the correct image for starters so my options are limited.

Any help would be appreciated.

Comments