USA (Domestic) USD 188
International USD 188
Great Britain GBP 121
EURO EURO 193
follow the link for further details

And this is per test - so double it ;)
Plantwiz
_____
"Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?

Comments

• Options
    prhof14prhof14 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I just purchased one exam in the USA for $169.20 --- make sure you use that discount code!
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Exactly, there are deals available. Especially if you use a voucher like the ones on the link on the left-hand side <----

Plus the closer you buy the voucher to the test date, the better the discounts. Just need to be patient and look for the deals.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

• Options
    XyroXyro Member Posts: 623
    Just looked this up yesterday, had no idea it had recently changed. Just knew it looked a lot higher than I remembered from years ago. icon_lol.gif

More and more employers are beginning to require this cert. for entry-level positions. I guess this will now make the A+ of even higher value to have since less people will go after it at almost $400 a pop.
  • Options
    ande0255ande0255 Banned Posts: 1,178
    I cannot believe those prices for one the most entry level certs, I think I'd maybe go directly for a ccent!
  • Options
    This price has been constant for at least 12 years (IIRC). So, it really hasn't kept up with inflation. That said, no one 'has' to have an A+, it merely provides a benchmark of knowledge. Yes, it is two exams. And Yes, it can open some doors for an applicant. Opt not to take the exams and risk having your resume shuffled into the 'no' pile.

For an entry-level person, I do not find $376 (US) or less (use a voucher) a poor investment for job that segues into mid to higher level paying jobs in 3-5 years.
    Plantwiz
    _____

• Options
    Does the price include receiving recognition of the certificate as well? I thought I read somewhere it was $50 / year to keep certified with Comptia.

I thought back just before they started putting an expiration on the cert it was like ~$90 per exam, it's been that price for the last decade?

$400 is not bad for an entry level job type cert, but the ccent / ccna would end up costing less than a single A+, for two entry level certifications. I guess I'm more biased as I started out doing networking, I just can't believe that costs more than ICND 1 and 2.
  • Options
    The link (if followed) show the price of the exams, per exam (i.e. 2 exams for $188US each).
    Plantwiz
    _____

• Options
    XyroXyro Member Posts: 623
    Plantwiz wrote: »
    For an entry-level person, I do not find $376 (US) or less (use a voucher) a poor investment for job that segues into mid to higher level paying jobs in 3-5 years.

I could not more fully agree.

The fact that many people will be viewing the price of this certification as too high because it is "only" entry-level will result in less people pursuing this certification. That combined with the fact that so many employers are now requiring it for entry-level positions make this certification even more valuable.

Supply & Demand
  • Options
    justchris73justchris73 Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    The best discount is for students. I can get a voucher for $84. Actually, the best discount is an employer reimbursement.:)
  • Options
    My classmates in college must have been getting vouchers through completing the desktop support AAS, cause I am pretty sure when I last spoke to someone prepping for A+ exams, they cost around $90.

Entry level certifications are great for opening doors, but I still believe other certifications will get you a foot in just as easily, if you can answer desktop support questions during an interview without an A+ cert. I guess I was just focused completely on Cisco networking, so I maybe read a chapter of an A+ book before I abandoned that ship.

To each their own and all that stuff though :)