Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH v8)

uhh DeeJayuhh DeeJay Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey guys, I just had a question about study material. I have been looking over and studying for the past week or so, using the ECC iClass for CEH v8 an these random practice exam. My real question is, is there any legitimate practice exams I can use to prep myself? I took the exam on here, as well as the practice assessment at ECC's website as well as the older ECC CEH v7 and I did very well. So is there anymore practice exams I can try before I go diving into the CEH exam?

Thanks for in advanced!

Comments

• uhh DeeJayuhh DeeJay Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    If anyone has anything to add about their experience with the CEH and how they studied, please do.
  • BGravesBGraves Member Posts: 339
    A lot of people recommend this book:
    CEH Certified Ethical Hacker All-in-One Exam Guide: Matt Walker: 9780071772297: Amazon.com: Books
    and there is a new version of that one out in May. I think there is a boxed version that has practice exams too....

I've been doing the CEH exam through my WGU program. They provide access to the iLearn videos/iLabs practice labs. They also provide ec-council reading material and a ucertify prep course to go through. The ucertify course has about 600 practice questions along with flash cards, reading material, etc so maybe that's something you would want to look at?
  • uhh DeeJayuhh DeeJay Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I feel like I should be ready for the exam, but I don't want to go in and bomb it, that would be a waste of a lot of money. That is the only reason why I'm worrying.
  • NovaHaxNovaHax Member Posts: 502 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Honestly, you are probably more likely to fail the exam because you get tripped up by all the grammatical, spelling and syntactical errors in the questions...than you are because the content is difficult. If you learned the content...you got this icon_thumright.gif
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    The passing score for the CEH is only 70%, so you'd really have to blow it to fail.
  • diggitlediggitle Member Posts: 118 ■■■□□□□□□□
    uhh DeeJay wrote: »
    I feel like I should be ready for the exam, but I don't want to go in and bomb it, that would be a waste of a lot of money. That is the only reason why I'm worrying.

I have this very same attitude. I already have a voucher and have scheduled the exam but i'm scared of loosing $500
    c colon i net pub dubdubdub root
  • supergsuperg Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    uhh DeeJay wrote: »
    Hey guys, I just had a question about study material. I have been looking over and studying for the past week or so, using the ECC iClass for CEH v8 an these random practice exam. My real question is, is there any legitimate practice exams I can use to prep myself?

Have you tried the Boson ExSim-Max for CEH v8 self-test software? I found a discount code via google and snagged it for $74. Boson also has a marketplace where they allow customers to resale their license. Perhaps you can find a deeper discount, or at least resell your license when you're finished with it.

You could also try the CEH: Mind Maps Study Tool provided by Expanding Security if you really want to focus.
  • bobloblawbobloblaw Member Posts: 228
    I bought the Boson exam before I took the v7. Much more difficult than the actual exam. Worth the $80 for the peace of mind. I was in the exact same situation as you - I did not want to chance wasting $600.
  • OhmjonesOhmjones Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I'm in the same boat with the OP.

I have been studying and studying for the last month and a half (took the CEH course from ec-council as well) and am very intimidated to go take the test. However, I'm currently making anywhere between 78 and 90% on the Boson practice exams. Does this mean I am ready and can pass the CEH? I feel like I'm wasting too much time but the idea of losing $500 which will take me a while to get back (student) is pretty hefty.
  • ramrunner800ramrunner800 Member Posts: 238
    Ohmjones wrote: »
    I'm in the same boat with the OP.

I have been studying and studying for the last month and a half (took the CEH course from ec-council as well) and am very intimidated to go take the test. However, I'm currently making anywhere between 78 and 90% on the Boson practice exams. Does this mean I am ready and can pass the CEH? I feel like I'm wasting too much time but the idea of losing $500 which will take me a while to get back (student) is pretty hefty.

I was in the same boat, and was consistently scoring in the 80's on the Boson exams, which is about the same as I did when I took the exam this morning. I know I could have used some more prep to shore everything up to 100, but it was plenty good enough for a pass.
    Currently Studying For: GXPN