Options

Where to next

iankfiankf Member Posts: 49 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hey all,

I have done the 270, 290, 291 and I need MCSA status before going for MCSE which exam should I do next for elective? I don't fancy doing the A+ root as its like 3 exams.

Ideas??

Ian

Comments

• Options
    kaur812kaur812 Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    70-284 Exchange exam, which also gives you MCSA:Messaging status, is one option. Another option is SQL Administration exam. I think the answer depends on where you work or where you would like to work. The full list of electives is on Microsoft MCSA page.
  • Options
    TrailerisfTrailerisf Member Posts: 455
    70-284 is an easy exam.. great to get MCSA with...
    On the road to Cisco. Will I hunt it, or will it hunt me?
  • Options
    geekiegeekie Member Posts: 391
    Why not just get 293 out the way and then go for your elective. 293 overlaps very nicely with 291 and as I found it really helps to have most of the information fresh in your mind.

Good luck in whatever you decide!
    Up Next : Not sure :o
  • Options
    RTmarcRTmarc Member Posts: 1,082 ■■■□□□□□□□
    You could also do Security+. That along with 299 will give you MCSA/MCSE: Security. The messaging options is good too. In fact I'm going back and going to do that one next.
  • Options
    iankfiankf Member Posts: 49 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hey all,

Just let you know I went for the 70-284, been studying for it and I'm nearly there :)

That will make me MCSA then I plan do 70-293 70-294 and 70-298 and I'll be MCSE right :)?
  • Options
    Danman32Danman32 Member Posts: 1,243
    That looks like all you need.

You can check on your progress in the MCP member site. In the Certification Progress, it shows what you satisfied, and what you still need to obtain a particular cert.