Options

Part time, at home IT jobs.

MAC_AddyMAC_Addy Member Posts: 1,740 ■■■■□□□□□□
All,

I am trying to reduce my debt, like many people, I am trying to reduce my debt down to $0. It's currently ~$5k - so not much at all. I'd like to pick up a part time at home IT job. I've seen a few people post things on here, but I cannot find them. I was wondering if there are any websites out there that I can use to pick up either local jobs or something that I can do from home.

Does anyone have anything they can recommend?
2017 Certification Goals:
CCNP R/S

Comments

• Options
    Flat4ForLifeFlat4ForLife Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Are you looking for something that has a set schedule? Or something where you just do it as you please?
  • Options
    TomkoTechTomkoTech Member Posts: 438
    I would be interested in this as well. Looking to buy my first home in a few months and some additional income would help for the down payment.
  • Options
    Are you looking for something that has a set schedule? Or something where you just do it as you please?
    It really doesn't matter, to be honest. I would prefer to do it as I please, but if there's a schedule, I can definitely try to work with the company.
    CCNP R/S
  • Options
    ScrawnyRonnieScrawnyRonnie Member Posts: 112
    I see this on Craigslist at least every few weeks. Looks like general troubleshooting for a number of devices

Career Openings - Support.com
    :lol:
  • Options
    shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
    depends on what your skills are. I see a lot of things on freelancer, and odesk. The problem I'm having with those sites is that they are a race to the bottom. I've seen CCIE's on there offering there skills at 35 dollars a hour.
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related
  • Options
    I see this on Craigslist at least every few weeks. Looks like general troubleshooting for a number of devices

Thanks for the link, I appreciate it. I'll take a look this afternoon. I also like that you're an Arsenal fan. We are few and far between. Especially those of us in the U.S.
    CCNP R/S
  • Options
    ScrawnyRonnieScrawnyRonnie Member Posts: 112
    REMOVED UNNECESSARY QUOTED REPLY FROM PREVIOUS POST

I hear ya! I see too many Man Utd and Barcelona fans here in the states. True Gooner here despite all these trophyless years and having no local ties to North London haha
    :lol:
  • Options
    shawn2330shawn2330 Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    RockinRobinRockinRobin Member Posts: 165

I don't know for certain if it has anything to do with anything, but make sure your computer specs are up to their requirements, or you may not get a response. I didn't know that they check your system as your applying, and mine didn't make the cut, spec-wise. So, I ordered a new laptop with all required specs, and will apply with them again, and see what happens.

If I don't get a response this time, it'll probably be because my skills are not strong enough, so the laptop will be going back.
  • Options
    rhtrht Member Posts: 92 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Since i earn around $5200 a year (that is not a typo lol) i would like to make extra money to cover certification and book costs. I tried Freelance.com but without much luck. Can anyone suggest any legit online jobs related to IT support for people outside the US?

Thanks
  • Options
    tjb122982tjb122982 Member Posts: 255 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I don't know for certain if it has anything to do with anything, but make sure your computer specs are up to their requirements, or you may not get a response. I didn't know that they check your system as your applying, and mine didn't make the cut, spec-wise. So, I ordered a new laptop with all required specs, and will apply with them again, and see what happens.

If I don't get a response this time, it'll probably be because my skills are not strong enough, so the laptop will be going back.

Does anyone know how much support.com pays starting out?
  • Options
    RockinRobinRockinRobin Member Posts: 165
    tjb122982 wrote: »
    Does anyone know how much support.com pays starting out?
    • During Training - $9.00 per hour*
    • After Training - $10.25 per hour**
    • Spanish Speaking Bilingual Differential
    • $10.98 per hour including reimbursement
    • *$8.50 per hour plus $.50 cent per hour for reimbursement
    • **$9.75 per hour plus $.50 cent per hour for reimbursement
  • Options
    tjb122982tjb122982 Member Posts: 255 ■■■□□□□□□□
    • During Training - $9.00 per hour*
    • After Training - $10.25 per hour**
    • Spanish Speaking Bilingual Differential
    • $10.98 per hour including reimbursement