Options

CISA after CISSP?

acomoacomo Member Posts: 69 ■■■□□□□□□□
hi guys,

i am thinking of working for the CISA cert. What do you think? is it an easy task after gaining cissp?

I am also thinking for CEH.

thanks

Comments

• Options
    colemiccolemic Member Posts: 1,569 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Hi Acomo, The CISA is somewhat similar to the CISSP. The CEH is in a different orbit (I am not a fan of it, but am not knocking it here, it literally is in a different plane than CISSP or CISA). It is possible to do, but CISSP training does not cover all of the details of the CISA exam.
    Working on: staying alive and staying employed
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    What is your goal? Where is your career heading? That will provide great insight on what cert makes more sense for you.
  • Options
    DoyenDoyen Member Posts: 397 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I was looking into going into the same path. Just make note that you will need 5 years of IT auditing before you can become CISA certified, even if you pass the exam. You can substitute some years of experience as well. I am curious how someone might be able to get that experience since most jobs around my area require CISA. Would anyone think that it is wise to pass the test and then apply for the job noting that you passed the exam but looking for experience?
    Goals for 2016: [] VCP 5.5: ICM (recertifying) , [ ] VMware VCA-NV, [ ] 640-911 DCICN, [ ] 640-916 DCICT, [ ] CCNA: Data Center, [ ] CISSP (Associate), [ ] 300-101 ROUTE, [ ] 300-115 SWITCH, [ ] 300-135 TSHOOT, [ ] CCNP: Route & Switch, [ ] CEHv8, [ ] LX0-103, [ ] LX0-104
    Future Goals: WGU MSISA or Capital Technology Univerisity MSCIS Degree Program
    Click here to connect with me on LinkedIn! Just mention your are from Techexams.net.
  • Options
    teancum144teancum144 Member Posts: 229 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I agree with the other comments. I'm CISA certified and believe it may be a waste of your time unless you are already in an audit position.
    If you like my comments or questions, you can show appreciation by clicking on the reputation badge/star icon near the lower left of my post. :D