Written Passed 350-001

wildfirewildfire Member Posts: 654
Well I passed the written today with 90%. I was very pleased no expecting that at all.

I went in thinking it would be harder than any exam I could imagine, in truth there was a wide scope in there, and whilst there were some rediculous questions about the workings or algorithms etc, on the whole not to bad an exam, took me just over 75 minutes to complete. The ability to mark and go back in usefull, but I only used the go back once when I answered a question and saw the answer to it in another one.

I used routing TCP/IP I & II books
Cisco Lan switching book
Cisco wireless lan fundamentals (wouldnt bother)
BGP 4
and my CCNP collection.

Now a little break then begin the prep for the written, Im gonna get my CCDP done in that time too.
Looking for CCIE lab study partnerts, in the UK or Online.

Comments

• mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations!

One small step (now completed!)... before that big leap into Lab preparation... icon_lol.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Silver BulletSilver Bullet Member Posts: 676 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations
  • wildfirewildfire Member Posts: 654
    A big leap indeed, the guy who sits at the desk next to me is going back for his 4th attempt in 2 1/2 years!! he says even if he goes 100 times he will do it, one day they will feel sorry for him and present the certificate haha and atleast hes got many holiday to bussels out of it!

I need some new lab equipment first, at the moment not much can run 12.4 which is now an integral part of the lab. icon_sad.gif

Question though mike? how long before the lab booking option appears?? I though maybe if I book for like 14 months its something to aim for!
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
  • TURTLEGIRLTURTLEGIRL Member Posts: 361
    CONGRATULATIONS G, YOU EARNED IT :D:D:D:D:D:D:D
    If you don't know 24 then you don't know Jack!
  • evanderburgevanderburg Member Posts: 229 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Way to go! Good luck on the next one.
    "You can never know everything and part of what you know is always wrong. Perhaps even the most important part. A portion of wisdom lies in knowing that. A portion of courage lies in going on anyway. " - Lan, Winter's Heart by Robert Jordan
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    wildfire wrote:
    how long before the lab booking option appears?? I though maybe if I book for like 14 months its something to aim for!
    My Security scheduling access was available the next day. I took the R&S on a Thursday... and remember still not haveing access on Saturday -- might have finally gotten in Sunday or Monday....

The scheduling system looks like it books out to 6 months.... and each week a new week appears at the end. The last date currently available is December 15th.

The good news for R&S at Brussels -- lots of spots. Lots of options for early July... a few spots at the end of July, beginning of August.... Then lots of options from mid August and on.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • keenonkeenon Member Posts: 1,922 ■■■■□□□□□□
    icon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gif
    Become the stainless steel sharp knife in a drawer full of rusty spoons
    The good news for R&S at Brussels -- lots of spots. Lots of options for early July... a few spots at the end of July, beginning of August.... Then lots of options from mid August and on.

That may be a little early for me lol!!

I fancy a trip back to the USA though I think, it probably costs about the same anyway, and I wont be paying so !!
  • DW [banned]DW [banned] Inactive Imported Users Posts: 240
    until that 0.01% is the 1 mark between pass or fail.

I wasnt talking about a complete lab revamp, I will probably add a 3640 maxed out. I am also thinking about splashing out on a 3550, it frustrates me though in my locker at work I have about 5 3550Gs and 5 3750 G's so I will probably just do those bits with those at work to be honest. I had heard that in the next phase 3550s would be edged out in favour of the 3750's and they may even introduce the 6500 series, but thats pure rumour and NOT fact.

As for lab work books which would you reccomend, I am told by a couple of the CCIE's at work the Internetworking expert are good.

DarbyW would you concur or reccomend an alternative source, with theory exams you have objectives and something to aim at, the road ahead to the lab seems unclear, I dont really know how to direct myself for this one sounds silly I know.
  • DW [banned]DW [banned] Inactive Imported Users Posts: 240
    Lots of good places to get started.
    Thank, lots there to look at

I take it you have used them all?

That must have set you back over $10K! so far easily. Worth it I spose once you finaly get that illusive number!

Luckly theres a couple of CCIEs on my team and a couple who have are in the proccess so a lab partner should be easy to find.

But first need to nail this CCDP exam! get it out of the way.