CompTIA+ Requirements

george9999george9999 Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello im considering to take the CompTIA+ course. Fi rstly im going to buy the book and after im going to take the tests..
But the important case for me is this.: About hardware i dont know so much things i only know the basic components and how they work together also i know how to troubleshoot some windows tasks.. is this knowledge enough to try the A+ exam? (after my study of the book ofcourse)

Comments

• bub9001bub9001 Member Posts: 229 ■■■□□□□□□□
    CompTIA A+ is a great place to start if your wanting to get into IT. When preparing for the A+ you'll need more then just one book. I recommend Professor Messors A+ videos as well. They are free to watch, and really help to solidify the material.
    “You were born to win, but to be a winner you must plan to win, prepare to win, and expect to win.” - Zig Ziglar

Goals for 2019: CEH, and CND
    Goals for 2019: CCNA or ECSA
  • george9999george9999 Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    bub9001 wrote: »
    CompTIA A+ is a great place to start if your wanting to get into IT. When preparing for the A+ you'll need more then just one book. I recommend Professor Messors A+ videos as well. They are free to watch, and really help to solidify the material.
    Im reading a book that amazon 'provides' .. its 2k pages and includes all the knowledge that one must have to go well at exams..
  • SouljackerSouljacker Member Posts: 112 ■■■□□□□□□□
    What is the name of the book? Specifics would be helpful so we can give you suggestions.

Professor Messer's videos are really good, and getting your hands on some hardware is even better. Find yourself some practice questions as well, and A+ is a popular enough cert that you will find loads of free online resources to help you prepare.
    Souljacker wrote: »
    What is the name of the book? Specifics would be helpful so we can give you suggestions.

Professor Messer's videos are really good, and getting your hands on some hardware is even better. Find yourself some practice questions as well, and A+ is a popular enough cert that you will find loads of free online resources to help you prepare.
    title: [h=1]CompTIA A+ Certification All-in-One Exam Guide, 8th Edition (Exams 220-801 & 220-802)[/h]
    CompTIA A+ Certification All-in-One Exam Guide, 8th Edition (Exams 220-801 & 220-802): Michael Meyers: 9780071795128: Amazon.com: Books
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Senior Member Posts: 0 ■■□□□□□□□□
    The book offered by Pearson is not bad in my opinion. CompTIA A+ 220-801 and 220-802 Authorized Cert Guide (3rd Edition): Mark Edward Soper, David L. Prowse, Scott Mueller: 9780789748508: Amazon.com: Books. Look into some practice exams from Transcender if possible. Stay away from brain ****. List of un-authorized material is listed here: bit.ly/1lPizk4 Good luck on your studies!!
    The book offered by Pearson is not bad in my opinion. CompTIA A+ 220-801 and 220-802 Authorized Cert Guide (3rd Edition): Mark Edward Soper, David L. Prowse, Scott Mueller: 9780789748508: Amazon.com: Books. Look into some practice exams from Transcender if possible. Stay away from brain ****. List of un-authorized material is listed here: bit.ly/1lPizk4 Good luck on your studies!!
    The truth is that lot of details that these exam's ask for are useless.. like the third name of the USB A cable.. lol. ATM and for 1 year i wont have lot of time free.. just 1-2 h most.. so the studies are limited.. im reading it slowly.. i will give the exams not this year but when i will have graduate.. 1 question i have.. If new exams come up for A+ i mean 220-901 , 220-902. the knowledge i must have is different? or i will be ok with this from the book?
    Can you provide me a better book with lower pages? The most important for me is to be cheap so i can buy it! i dont like to read from pdf files i hate it! so i want it on paper.. do you know any good but cheap?