Options

what is the pass mark?

nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
what is the pass mark for the hardware exam?

i know the weighted score is 515 but what is the percentage roughly? i know it is hard to distinguish this but a rough guide will help.

i have booked my exam for thursday. would there be anything you would advise going over specifically?

what has ppl found turn up on the exam?
Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
WIP: Msc advanced networking

Comments

• Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Only CompTIA knows the answer and basically all you and all test candidate need to focus on is doing your absolute best. 515 and 505 are the pass scores for Hardware and OS. No percentages are reported so there is no need to worry about 'what percentage' you earn. Just get in there and take it ;)
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    Gamesta400Gamesta400 Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
    515 divided by the 900 points possible would be approx 57%
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Gamesta400 wrote:
    515 divided by the 900 points possible would be approx 57%

Yeah, but it doesn't really work like this as some questions are not scored and some may or may not be valued more points then other questions. So there isn't a percentage for Pass/Fail merely total points.

Again, only CompTIA holds the answer and for a long time people have asked the question without a definitive answer.

Basically, don't think about failing. Think about doing your best!
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?