I passed 9l0-415

BlazepuBlazepu Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
I work in a small MSP, I'm the only Linux cert guy with knowledge of OSX. My boss give me 5 days to study and take Mavericks cert. I don't have a book, so I used Quizlets, ReviseIT and the outline from Apple.com. To be honest with you, the exam is a joke if you know your way around OSX you will pass with a breeze.

Is it worth it to go for ACTC?? How do I get a copy of my cert?

Comments

• olgagianolgagian Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulation my friend..You will get a en email from alom.com which i believe it it responsible to send you the printed certificate..Acquaring the 9l0-415 exam you are half way to ACTC, so why not to get it.. Tell me something..Where did you get quiz lets to prepare for the exam..i also use reviseIT on my ipad and don't know how accurate is it..
  • Lord NikonLord Nikon Member Posts: 115
    Blazepu wrote: »

Its worth whatever its worth to you. Are you paying for it? or are they paying for it? is your Boss saying go get this for your job? if so, then I would say its well worth it. :)
    "This is our world now. The world of the electron and the switch; the beauty of the baud. We exist without nationality, skin color, or religious bias. You wage wars, murder, ****, lie to us and try to make us believe it's for our own good, yet we're the criminals. Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. I am a hacker, and this is my manifesto. You may stop me, but you can't stop us all.."

• BlazepuBlazepu Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Lord Nikon wrote: »
    Its worth whatever its worth to you. Are you paying for it? or are they paying for it? is your Boss saying go get this for your job? if so, then I would say its well worth it. icon_smile.gif

My company is going to reimburse me. Yes my boss wanted me to get the certificate to show me off to the clients.

I setup Munki, AutoDMG, Deploystudio with Puppet for one of the client to automate the prepping of new images, patching, deployment and monitoring, and my boss pressured me to go for the cert.

I saw you are planning to go for your 9l0-412, you should perhaps think about Mavericks cert, it will gave you an edge over other Apple certified users.
  • BlazepuBlazepu Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    olgagian wrote: »
    Congratulation my friend..You will get a en email from alom.com which i believe it it responsible to send you the printed certificate..Acquaring the 9l0-415 exam you are half way to ACTC, so why not to get it.. Tell me something..Where did you get quiz lets to prepare for the exam..i also use reviseIT on my ipad and don't know how accurate is it..

Thank you, I searched my personal email and didn't find anything. I'll give Apple a call. ACTC is not a joke, I started reading ACTC 10.7 book, and there are a lot of emphasis on OD and profile manager. I will definitely go for the cert mid April an report back.

Quizlet is a flashcard website where a user created notes about Mountain Lion, I cloned them and studied them afterwards.
  • Macpro76Macpro76 Member Posts: 79 ■■□□□□□□□□
    congrats. I work for an IT firm as well. we are an authorized apple reseller/service provider. I have passed the ACMT, ACSP v10.8, all of the product certifications. I am taking the ACSP and ACTC (only 2 exams) by the end of the week. Should be a breeze.
    you should get an email after a few days about access to a paper cert. Just make sure you keep records of the pass and your login credentials.
    Apple is hard to work with when it comes to getting access to your account (if you forget your login info).

The ACTC is mainly if you work with an Apple server environment. We have just a few clients with that environment, but its worth it. Especially, if the boss is paying. :)

Good luck on the ACTC!

I typically use, reviseIT and a mac mini running mavericks server and my laptop for testing.
    [ ] PDI+, [ ] Cloud Essentials, /B] [B Project+
    [*
    ] CompTIA: A+, Network+, Server+, Security+, Healthcare IT, Green IT
    /B]*[SIZE=2 MTA: Server, OS, Network, Security
    /SIZE]*[SIZE=2 Apple: ACSP v10.8, ACMT v10.8, Mac Integration v10.7 & v10.8 [/SIZE]

Linkedin: http://www.linkedin.com/in/tdadarwala/
    Greeting again and congratulations to all!! i also have passed the exam 9l0-415 and now studying for ACTC (9l0-521)..can anyone help me with what should i use as study guide..I have reviseIT and the peachpit guide for osx mavericks server.. does anyone have any other suggestions??
  • mb20juju3ddmb20juju3dd Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Blazepu wrote: »
    I work in a small MSP, I'm the only Linux cert guy with knowledge of OSX. My boss give me 5 days to study and take Mavericks cert. I don't have a book, so I used Quizlets, ReviseIT and the outline from Apple.com. To be honest with you, the exam is a joke if you know your way around OSX you will pass with a breeze.

Blaze, I take the 415 in a few days, any advice? I have this 900 page book that I have looked at a bit but mainly the study guide from Apple site and this quizlet page and ReviseIT.. Mac OS X Support Essentials 10.9 Exam Preparation Guide flashcards | Quizlet

I just passed the Mac Integration for Mavericks one and have to take 415 and the Management one I believe 419.

Does quizlet give a good idea of what will be on the test? I believe it's 80 questions?
    My friend the closest that you will find to the exam 9L0-415 is off course the ReviseIT and the exam **** 9l0-412.. i tried it and it was very close to 9l0-41... yes and it's 80 questions
  • ferrercrferrercr Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Let's suppose ... theorically... hipotethically, that I have the 9L0-412 Exam and answers... Just theorically... not a **** or whatever, is it a good base to study for the 9L0-415 ? Could I pass the exam by studying it?
    my friend when i gave my exam..i studied the 9L0-412 and believe me when i say that the exams was 80% similar to 9L0-415..also try amsys ReviseIT.The combination of those two will be the success of passing the exam.
  • shamsideenbabatundeshamsideenbabatunde Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations, can you please, advise me where you get your past questions for preparation, I am taking my own exam next month, please, help.
    download to your ios device..the ReviveIT https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/revise-it/id480682657?mt=8
    it helped me a lot.. and search the web for ****...