New CISSP questions: Drag & Drop and Hotspot

KatiushaKatiusha Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi guys,
I am preparing for CISSP exam, and the new guide mentions the Drag & Drop and Hotspot questions as new types used in exam this year. Those of you who have taken the exam this year, what did you think about these types of questions? Were they fairly easy (considering overall difficult nature of the exam), were they confusing, and how many questions (especially Hotspot) have you got on the exam?

Thank you for your opinion!

Comments

• mokaibamokaiba Member Posts: 162 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Katiusha wrote: »
    Hi guys,
    I am preparing for CISSP exam, and the new guide mentions the Drag & Drop and Hotspot questions as new types used in exam this year. Those of you who have taken the exam this year, what did you think about these types of questions? Were they fairly easy (considering overall difficult nature of the exam), were they confusing, and how many questions (especially Hotspot) have you got on the exam?

I havent taken the CISSP but Drag and drop questions are usually for listing the correct order to do steps or place here what does "this" type questions. Hotspots are usually, pick the where or what you need to click on if this was a real menu or page.
  • NovaHaxNovaHax Member Posts: 502 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Seriously??? Wow...times are changin I suppose. Back when I was your age...we had to fill out scantrons by hand and wait 6 weeks to find out if we had to shell out another $600....
    Okay...that was actually only a couple years ago. But still, I'm actually surprised to see ISC2 changing the format of the exam so soon after making the transition to digital. Ya know...since it did take them 5 years longer than everyone else to move away from scantrons icon_rolleyes.gif
    Since this is the first I've heard of them...I would imagine the questions are probably still in beta. They are probably running analytics on how test takers are performing against those questions (relative to the traditional formatted questions), but they probably aren't weighing them yet. This is purely conjecture...as ISC2 has never really disclosed anything about how they evaluate their tests. But I have heard from several sources that they frequently put questions in their exams that "don't count"
  • KatiushaKatiusha Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
    @mokaiba, there are just a few examples of these types of questions on the official CISSP website, and I think that your description is right. I was wondering how many questions approximately are in new formats.. Thank you for the info!
  • KatiushaKatiusha Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I think, CompTIA also includes questions off the topic for their own statistics/survey reasons. But for ISC2, I am sure that new types of questions are actually relevant, just wasn't sure what proportion of the questions is now in new formats :)
  • JonnygJonnyg Member Posts: 84 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Katiusha wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I would say the exam difficulty is evenly spread out throughout all of the questions, regardless of question format. They are just a new way of asking the same questions with the same answers. As long as you know the material, you will be able to answer the new format questions just as well as the traditional multiple choice questions. Having said that, I wouldn't stress over the new format. It definitely won't make or break your exam score. As long as you know your stuff, you'll do well.
    Working on: Nothing, finally.
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    If you've ever taken a Microsoft, Cisco, or (newer) CompTIA exam then you have experienced drag-n-drop and hotspot exam items. The (ISC)2 is very late to the game with these hand-eye-coordination format exam items. All of the "kewl kids" are already doing it. ;)
  • MajorMulliganMajorMulligan Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I took the exam yesterday and sure enough I had roughly 10 of these in the overall exam. Mainly match these keywords with these items, or list these items in a specific order, etc. It was a nice change to the standard multiple choice questions.
  • neb2886neb2886 Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I took the exam on Saturday and only saw 3 of these questions. They were actually a nice break from some of the long winded and convoluted questions.

I can't comment on the actual questions from the exam but here are some sample ones: CISSP Drag & Drop and Hotspot Questions: 5 Examples - InfoSec Institute
    I took the exam yesterday and sure enough I had roughly 10 of these in the overall exam. Mainly match these keywords with these items, or list these items in a specific order, etc. It was a nice change to the standard multiple choice questions.
  • levsterlevster Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    The drag & drop questions, in my opinion, were pretty straight forward. No dramas there.