Options

New CCNA in 60 days book for $1 (for a limited time)

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Senior MemberPosts: 0 ■■□□□□□□□□
I thought I would share this amongst my fellow geeks!!! From Paul Browning's email

The brand new version of the CCNA in 60 Days study guide will be
ready on Kindle in around 7 days. The printed version will be
around 2 weeks later as I have to check how it prints before
signing off at the printers.

Kindle version $1 for a few days to allow you all to get early
access and I wanted to be fair to all of you who had the old
version.

Comments

• Options
    typfromdacotypfromdaco Member Posts: 96 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Is there a specific website to purchase the book?
    2015 certification goals: [ X] ICND2
  • Options
    stryder144stryder144 Member Posts: 1,684 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Amazon will have it. Surprisingly, I found that he has written several other non-CCNA books. Interesting. Ultimately, I can't wait until it actually posts to Amazon. I've been waiting for it for a fair bit.
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me
  • Options
    shyguyITshyguyIT Member Posts: 380
    Any link to where we can purchase this?
    2017 Goals:
    Route[X], Switch [], TSHOOT[]
  • Options
    Ltat42a wrote: »

This does look like the paper version. I can't wait until the Kindle version comes out. Not sure why it would take so long for it to be published.
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

• Options
    BokehBokeh Member Posts: 1,636 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I just saw on their FB page, that it has been uploaded to Amazon, and takes about 12 hours for approval.
  • Options
    You know you're a nerd/geek when you get excited about the release of a CCNA book..."I am nerd! Hear me...cough asthmatically!" lol

The kindle version of the book just posted. The price is reasonable, at $2.99.

• Options
    BryzeyBryzey Member Posts: 260
  • Options
    REMOVED UNNECESSARY QUOTED REPLY FROM PREVIOUS POST
    I purchased it, also. Should go well with the course he offers.

• Options
    --chris----chris-- Member Posts: 1,518 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Can you only see it from the device? I go to amazon.com and cant find the Kindle edition.
  • Options
    mrjoefridaymrjoefriday Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□

The link in post #9 should take you right to the kindle version. If you that does not work and you have the kindle app on your phone/tablet just search for ccna in 60 days and I think it will be the 2nd or 3rd one.
  • Options

Thanks! The link flew under my radar on that one...

And prime members get to rent it for free! YES!
  • Options
    fov001fov001 Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□

Just to be clear. Not only prime members but you need to own a kindle. I don't own a kindle, but I am a prime member and still had to pay the $3

there is a lot of pictures in this book which I like!!
  • Options

Good point, I did not realize that. I have my 50% discount student prime and my hand-me-down kindle, so I am certain amazon is losing out me lol.
  • Options
    fov001fov001 Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Wow...you actually write on your blog LOL

I also have one but I have probably done like 2 posts jajaja
  • Options

I try, I have a few posts that I have been working on for a month or two comparing CCENT & Net+ with my input as a newcomer to everything.

I want to keep it updated because I am not sure where this journey will go, and if for some reason I find myself in the position to dispense good advice I would like to have that already setup and known as a go to for newcomers like me.
  • Options
    JeanMJeanM Member Posts: 1,117
    Maybe update the original post, since the Kindle version is $2.99 and not $1?
    2015 goals - ccna voice / vmware vcp.
  • Options
    The reason for the price difference, by the way, is because Amazon felt the size of the ebook warrented a price greater than $1. I would guess all of the pictures previously mentioned contributed greatly to that size issue!

• Options
    jaywalkerjaywalker Member Posts: 90 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Bought it. Thanks for posting icon_thumright.gif
    Goals for 2015: ICND1 [], ICND2 []

..........:cheers:
    A winner is you
  • Options
    DiabolikalDiabolikal Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Does anyone think this will be worth it? I'm currently in the process of CCENT but always looking toward future investments.
  • Options
    Diabolikal wrote: »
    Does anyone think this will be worth it? I'm currently in the process of CCENT but always looking toward future investments.

I won't know until I'm done reading it. But at $2.99, it's definitely worth the 27K+ "kindle pages" available in this book.

A winner is you
  • Options
    Diabolikal wrote: »

The book is meant to go hand-in-hand with his website/videos. I believe that it costs about $97 for access to that site. It might be worth it for you to pursue the site/book combo. Alternately, you could get the Chris Bryant Udemy course plus his two CCNA/one subnetting books for a bit less. Completely up to you.

• Options
    stryder144 wrote: »
    The book is meant to go hand-in-hand with his website/videos. I believe that it costs about $97 for access to that site. It might be worth it for you to pursue the site/book combo. Alternately, you could get the Chris Bryant Udemy course plus his two CCNA/one subnetting books for a bit less. Completely up to you.

Is it just me, or did Browning abandon his site? I stuck in my email address, confirmed it and directed to a welcome page with broken video links.

A winner is you
  • Options
    To be honest, I purchased access to his site after the recent CCNA exam update, so I haven't tried the links out. I get emails from his site often and I know that from time-to-time he has experienced issues. That being said, I will look through the book and test the links out.

• Options
    Cool, ty! To follow up on this, I got another email labeled, "Easy Subnetting" with a video link that worked. This just may be an overlooked issue.

A winner is you
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Senior Member Posts: 0 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I apologize for any confusion. I received an email from Paul Browning's email list and I copied the exact text from the initial email. But still, $2.99 is still a great deal!
  • Options
    Calito360Calito360 Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Just got it this morning from Amazon, and it looks good. Planning on taking CCENT by April 17th.so this is gonna come in real handy along with my other study tools (books, training etc...)
  • Options
    MrPuzzlezMrPuzzlez Member Posts: 89 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I have Amazon Prime, so I can get it for FREE! Yeah!

Edit: Also, finally! A reason to use my graphite Kindle again instead of those uncompromising PDF documents!
  • Options
    juicyjay36juicyjay36 Member Posts: 43 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Paper back sold out? I don't have a kindle icon_sad.gif
  • Options
    typfromdacotypfromdaco Member Posts: 96 ■■■□□□□□□□
    You actually get access to everything on his website if you purchase the E-book for $2.99... do not pay the $97!
    2015 certification goals: [ X] ICND2