network+ study books

furbyfurby Member Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hello,

I am planning on studying for the network+ but i dont know which books to use.

Do you have any advice for good books for a beginner with good exam questions?

Thanks in advance.

Michel

Comments

• lo9manlo9man Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    best ones is Mike Meyers (all in one) or sybex network+ easy and complete
    good luck
  • furbyfurby Member Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for your reply.

But i read on a review that the questions in the sybex book are to simple compared to the actual exam so i think i will not go for the sybex book.

And i read that the network+ all in one book has old exam questions on the cd.

Do you know any good exam question material?

Thanks in advance
  • billgbillg Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
    The Sybex book is not too simple. It is a very good study book. I am also using Network+ in Depth, The Complete Guide to Networking and Network+ by Graves and Comptia Network+ Self Study Guide by Chiarella. Although it is not about the exam, a fantastic book to read about TCP/IP is the TCP/IP Guide by Kozierek. It is the most complete book that you will ever find about TCP/IP and I figure since the exam heavily covers the protocol suite, it wouldn't hurt to know so much about it.
  • rosant1rosant1 Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    i too am starting network+. I just finished a+ and the book i used was A+ in depth which was a great help i am going to look into network+ in depth and if it is anything like the other one im going with it. Just because they are in the same series doesnt mean a thing, they could be night and day. So i suggest read as much as youu can of a book before you buy because the worst thing is buying a book that doesn't teach you the way you learn. It took 2 A+ books before i figure that one out. At least all it did was delaying me in taking the test. I would of hated buying these books and then failing.
  • jpeezy55jpeezy55 Member Posts: 255
    I used ExamCram2 and all the free practice tests I could find. I started reading the Mike Myers' book, but did not like it. I did use his for A+ and it was great, but for some reason, the Network+ was not as good. Examcram2 was a better book, IMO.

I did use the CDs from both for practice along with the technotes from this site (Thanks again, Johan!)

Good Luck! :D
    Tech Support: "Ok, so your monitor is not working, the screen is blank, and no matter what you do it stays blank? Do you see that button on the bottom right hand side just below the screen? Press it. . . . Great, talk to you next time!"
  • ra13ra13 Member Posts: 137
    I am actually using material that I haven't heard anyone mention but I think it is great. I'm going for my test tomorrow. I purchased the Comptia Network+ Certification, 2005 obj press edition right from the comptia website. It is very easy reading and has a grat cd with 814 practice test with several testing modes (Timed not timed). I find it was very easy to read and understand myself. Good luck studying icon_smile.gif