I Passed!

Well, it's my time to report. I took the exam at 1:30 today and passed with an 892. I had plenty of time to take this test, so I didn't rush, read every question carefully.

I think this test was the the most reasonable MS test I have taken. Several questions I wasn't 100% sure of, but the other answers weren't quite right. A few had me second guess myself as they seemed too obvious, especially as the test progressed. I had fun with the simulations, but was concerned I might have missed something as they too seemed too obvious, and it helped that if you were going in a wrong direction (selecting an item that turned out not to be relevant), nothing would happen. I think I had 5 simulations.

I was really concerned about this test as I was doing terrible on the practice exams I was working with, which included the ones that came with the Sybex MS 2003 core package and the Syngress book. Also tried ExamCram test and didn't do so hot on it.

Thanks to suggestions on previous posts, I concentrated on IPSec, Certs and clustering, and thankfully played a bit with clustering this past weekend, and came up with a pitfall on NLB that was more or less covered on the test. NLB doesn't work too well with only one interface. I couldn't get it to work at all in unicast.

On to 294, which I plan to take next week (Monday or Tuesday) in time for the free retake deadline. I work with AD alot so I don't see any problems getting it.
When I pass 294, I will have completed MCSE 2003 cert.

Comments

• SWMSWM Member Posts: 287
    Well Done :)
    Isn't Bill such a Great Guy!!!!
  • OlajuwonOlajuwon Inactive Imported Users Posts: 356
    Way to go, dude. Congratulations.
    "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years"
  • Silver BulletSilver Bullet Member Posts: 676 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!

I noticed in your list of certs that you have MCSA "20003" icon_eek.gif .......now that is planning in advance :D
  • TeKniquesTeKniques Member Posts: 1,262 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass! Good luck on the 294! :D
  • NPA24NPA24 Member Posts: 588 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • geekiegeekie Member Posts: 391
    Well done!! :D
    Up Next : Not sure :o
  • eurotrasheurotrash Member Posts: 817
    Congrats! icon_cool.gif
    witty comment
  • Danman32Danman32 Member Posts: 1,243
    Congratulations!

I noticed in your list of certs that you have MCSA "20003" icon_eek.gif .......now that is planning in advance :D

icon_lol.gif

Thanks for the heads up. I went and corrected my profile. I figure next week I'll need to edit my profile anyway.
  • chicken13chicken13 Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Danman32 wrote:
    A few had me second guess myself as they seemed too obvious, especially as the test progressed. I had fun with the simulations, but was concerned I might have missed something as they too seemed too obvious, and it helped that if you were going in a wrong direction (selecting an item that turned out not to be relevant), nothing would happen. I think I had 5 simulations.

Absol. fantastic that you passed. I've been putting up my experiences for others just like you. Glad I found yours, cause I'm going for it tomorrow!

"Documentation is like sex: when it is good, it is very, very good; when it is bad, it is better than nothing." - Dick Brandon