Pluralsight IT training

504tech504tech Member Posts: 30 ■■□□□□□□□□
Has anyone used or have subscribed to Pluralsight for cert training?

Comments

• odysseyeliteodysseyelite Member Posts: 504 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Yes. Pluralsight purchased TrainSignal. Their videos are great.
    Currently reading: Start with Why: How Great Leaders Inspire Everyone to Take Action
  • 504tech504tech Member Posts: 30 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the info.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Senior Member Posts: 0 ■■□□□□□□□□
    They are great!! If you are in college by any chance, go to DreamSpark. You can actually get I believe 90 days of free access. https://www.dreamspark.com/
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    I have a subscription through work. I would gladly pay for it if I had to.
    Are the videos similar to cbt nugget videos?
  • NotHackingYouNotHackingYou Member Posts: 1,460 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I use pluralsight and I like it a lot. It is similar IMO to CBT nuggets.
    When you go the extra mile, there's no traffic.
  • rsuttonrsutton Member Posts: 1,029 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I have a subscription to PluralSight and used to subscribe to CBT Nuggets. I prefer Plural Sight - they had a great collection of high-quality videos.
  • Chivalry1Chivalry1 Member Posts: 569
    Just starting using PluralSight. So far its average. However they seem to have a large collection of training videos which is good.
    "The recipe for perpetual ignorance is: be satisfied with your opinions and
    content with your knowledge. " Elbert Hubbard (1856 - 1915)
  • omi2123omi2123 Member Posts: 189
    pluralsight is the best when it comes to mcse training but for CCNA or CCNP, CBTNuggets is the best.......Cisco GURU Jeremy teaches there.....i passed my ccna cause of him
  • eansdadeansdad Member Posts: 775 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Pluralsight is also ALOT cheaper then CBT. Have used both, CBT has some better topics but if you want the basics Pluralsight isn't bad.
  • PsychoFinPsychoFin Member Posts: 280
    Pluralsight is awesome for devops stuff. They have a lot of vmwarekurser and Cisco now thanks to the acquisition of trainsignal. My big gripe with them is that you have no idea in what order to study some of their courses as each part of the course is listed as it's own course, at least this is the case for networking. I can imagine that it gets really confusing for beginners who have no idea...
    The price is not bad at all but I agree that course listings are a bit confusing.
  • VeritiesVerities Member Posts: 1,162
    For me Pluralsight is boring, but seems to go deep in explanations. Some of the instructors can put me to sleep (i.e. Veronica Henry). CBT Nuggets is nice because the instructors are more upbeat but they don't get as deep into the tech as I would like. I've seen a few Infinite Skills videos and they're pretty good, but super fast with not a lot of explanation.

Just my opinion on the 3 video IT training providers that are most talked about on these forums.