Best place to buy a rack for switches/routers?

OfWolfAndManOfWolfAndMan Member Posts: 923 ■■■■□□□□□□
Trying to construct a lab, but I think it'd be nice to have it all in one place without the risk of then equipment sliding. Recommendations?
:study:Reading: Lab Books, Ansible Documentation, Python Cookbook 2018 Goals: More Ansible/Python work for Automation, IPSpace Automation Course [X], Build Jenkins Framework for Network Automation []

Comments

• wgroomwgroom Member Posts: 147
    Skeletek is a favorite on this site, for good reason. I bought one a month ago and it is very sturdy, and reasonably priced as well. Not cheap, but you are getting a quality product.
    Cisco VoIP Engineer I
    CCNA R&S COLOR=#008000]Complete[/COLOR CCNA Voice COLOR=#008000]Complete[/COLOR CCNA Collaboration [In Progress]
  • kohr-ahkohr-ah Member Posts: 1,277
    For my home use I rack mounted my equipment to this along with a tripplite power bar:

http://www.amazon.com/On-Stage-Stands-RS7030-OnStage-Stand/dp/B000CD1R84/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1395782171&sr=8-4&keywords=network+rack

Isn't anything fancy but it is sturdy as heck and works well for my routers and switches.
  • OfWolfAndManOfWolfAndMan Member Posts: 923 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I will consider all of these options, but one more question: Let's say I want to mount 2 3750s, 2-3 2950s, and 2-3 1841s. Will these racks be able to hold all of that and still be open for expansion (My question is more so for kohr-ah considering the Skeletek racks look like they could fit quite a few in them).
    :study:Reading: Lab Books, Ansible Documentation, Python Cookbook 2018 Goals: More Ansible/Python work for Automation, IPSpace Automation Course [X], Build Jenkins Framework for Network Automation []
  • late_collisionlate_collision Member Posts: 146
    I have the same rack that Kohr-ah posted, which is a 12U rack. My lab consists of 2x3750, 3x1841, 3x2950, as well as a 1u access server and a 1u power strip. I still have room for 2u of equipment

Edit: For what it's worth, screws are included, but the screw holes in the rack are a little rough. They are pretty gritty for the first few turns until the paint is stripped from inside the hole. If you have tools at home, running a tap through the holes prior to assembly wouldn't be the worst idea. Other than that, no complaints and the price was right.
  • OfWolfAndManOfWolfAndMan Member Posts: 923 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Cool beans. Where do you get your power strip from?
  • late_collisionlate_collision Member Posts: 146
    I bought a used one on ebay. Avoid the audio equipment power strips if you can, stick to bigger brands like tripplite or apc.

Edit: My switches are on a separate power strip (typical garden variety) because i like power the switches on and off independently of the routers and access server. As you know, the 1841's are damn near silent. As you also know, the 2950's are not :)