Terminal/Access server

DevilWAHDevilWAH Member Posts: 2,997 ■■■■■■■■□□
Hi,

I currently have an only Cisco 2509's that I use in the works LAb for remote access when testing stuff. But its slow and getting a bit long in the tooth. Does any one have any recommendations for a good value for money alternative?

Cheers
  • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
  • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.

Comments

• gc8dc95gc8dc95 Member Posts: 206 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I am using a Digi CM32. Cheap and effective.

Mine was hooked up to 6 routers, 4 switches, and an ASA. Worked fine.
  • mdominomdomino Member Posts: 81 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I had good luck with a Cyclades TS2000. A bit of a pain to cable and get set up but it had 32 ports and I picked it up for about $75 off eBay.
  • jibbajabbajibbajabba Member Posts: 4,317 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Meh, only just threw some 2960s out you could have had for free... Might still got one somewhere if interested ... Need to check my garage though ...
    My own knowledge base made public: http://open902.com :p
  • DevilWAHDevilWAH Member Posts: 2,997 ■■■■■■■■□□
    jibbajabba wrote: »
    Meh, only just threw some 2960s out you could have had for free... Might still got one somewhere if interested ... Need to check my garage though ...

2960s? that's a layer 2 switch?
    • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.
  • jibbajabbajibbajabba Member Posts: 4,317 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Oh, got the wrong one lol. I mean a 2600.
    My own knowledge base made public: http://open902.com :p
  • tprice5tprice5 Member Posts: 770
    If you dig around that garage of yours and you come across a few switches ...
    Certification To-Do: CEH [ ], CHFI [ ], NCSA [ ], E10-001 [ ], 70-413 [ ], 70-414 [ ]
    WGU MSISA
    Start Date: 10/01/2014 | Complete Date: ASAP
    All Courses: LOT2, LYT2 , UVC2, ORA1, VUT2, VLT2 , FNV2 , TFT2 , JIT2 , FMV2, FXT2 , LQT2
  • DevilWAHDevilWAH Member Posts: 2,997 ■■■■■■■■□□
    jibbajabba wrote: »
    Oh, got the wrong one lol. I mean a 2600.

Ahh :) makes more sense, I was thinking there was a device i did not know about.

I just thought I have 2 spare 3725 laying around, so just need to find a cheap Async card, if any one has one in the UK they want to get rid of let me know :)