Options

How to Register to Take A+ Exam?

AW177AW177 Member Posts: 34 ■■□□□□□□□□
Sorry if this is a really stupid question, but for some reason, it's confusing me on how to register to take an A+ exam. I think you go to vue.com and locate a test center. Once I found one, what's next? I created an account on vue.com but it takes 24 hours to make an account for me? Then what, do I log back in and it'll allow me to schedule an exam?

And what is the Comptia Marketplace (http://www.comptiastore.com)? Professor Messer's site says you can get a 10% discount for a voucher; so I can go here, buy an exam voucher and then what?

Sorry for the silly question again, but just seems confusing to me!

Comments

• Options
    Clem25Clem25 Member Posts: 51 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Just go to the CompTIA website, and click where it says member and fill out a form. Once done, you should be able to figure out how to select a testing location and pick a date to take the exam.
  • Options
    DevilryDevilry Member Posts: 668
    Don't forget to try and find a discounted voucher online from a reputable dealer. Never hurts to save a few bucks.
  • Options
    AW177AW177 Member Posts: 34 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thank you all, I figured it out - got a discount from Professor Messer's site, bought a voucher at the CompTIA marketplace, and registered for an account and used the voucher - I'm all set! 220-801 on Monday, hope I do well!

I appreciate all your helpful responses, thank you!! icon_cheers.gif
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Good work.

Note - exam vouchers can be found at the link on the left-hand side of the forum <
    Exam Vouchers
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    DevilryDevilry Member Posts: 668
    Awesome! Don't forget to post back about your success when you pass!
  • Options
    CoffeeCoffee Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    So do I have to buy 2 vouchers to take the 801 and 802 to become A+ certified? So roughly $370(before any discounts)?
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Yes, you will want a voucher for each exam, unless GetCertified (the link on the left) has a promo package deal running.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?