Server add error message!!!

I've just started prepping for 70-410 & I installed the 2012 datacenter in one pc with static IP & same subnet as the datacenter on another pc.....they both r on same network & subnet....ran dcpromo & added AD DS roles.......both servers show ojnline in their respective workstations......but when i try to add any one of em into another via server manager, i get a kerberos error message....can't seem to figure out what i'm doing wrong....can anyone help?

Comments

• lsud00dlsud00d Member Posts: 1,571
    Did you Google the verbatim error message?
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    ^ that, plus posting said exact error here should be step #1.
  • netBoogernetBooger Member Posts: 45 ■■□□□□□□□□
    ***Updated after re-reading the question and realizing I misunderstood the first time.***
    Need some clarification before I can accurately help.

Did you promote one or both servers to a Domain Controller, and if both are they in the same domain?

How are you trying to add them in Server Manager?

Anytime you have an error it always helps to include the exact error message with the question.
  • omi2123omi2123 Member Posts: 189
    what i meant by that is i have 2 pc & in both pc the installed seervers shows that they r online
    the error message shows "Kerberos target resolution error"
  • netBoogernetBooger Member Posts: 45 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Ok so you have two servers, are they both in a domain? One in a Domain one in a workgroup? Both in a workgroup?

Also how are you trying to add them in Server Manager?

Have you followed the steps detailed here Add Servers to Server Manager for your specific scenario?
  • lsud00dlsud00d Member Posts: 1,571
    Since you seem to be new to sys admin'ing, tell us what it says in Event Viewer. There will be an event ID and event message that correlate to the kerberos error at the exact date and time you generated that message.
    they r both individual domain themselves......
    ok....i'll post tonite....at work right now...thank u so much though guys....just bear with me
  • unfbilly11unfbilly11 Member Posts: 100 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Make sure that you have Remote Administration enabled in Server manager.
  • BGravesBGraves Member Posts: 339
    As I read it...2 server 2012 Data Center servers. Each a DC, each a unique domain?
    You probably don't have the right credentials to manage the other server(in the other domain) in Server Manager.
    You prob want this link...
    Windows Server 2012 - Server Manager Troubleshooting Guide, Part II: Troubleshoot Manageability Status Errors in Server Manager - TechNet Articles - United States (English) - TechNet Wiki

but you probably are making this really hard on yourself...

If I'm accurate then can I suggest you blow one DC away(or demote it), rebuild it as a normal server and join it to the domain that is left on the other server. Then you can use the same credentials in Server manager to have it appear.
  • MSSoftieMSSoftie Member Posts: 190 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Is there a 2 way trust established between the domains? Really need more details to be of any help at all