Options

Ports to Know for Security+

Non-Profit TechieNon-Profit Techie Member Posts: 418 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hey guys, i just spent a little time searching the archives for a list of ports to know for the S+ cause i thought i had seen it before.

If anyone has it, could you post a list of the ports, UDP and TCP i should nail down before taking the test. I think i know alot of the ports and will soon focus on the practice test on this site, but i thought i would make some flash cards for myself.

Thanks

(if i get a chance to make em at work today,before anyone post, i will post em for others.)

Comments

• Options
    Vask3nVask3n Member Posts: 517
    I wouldn't concentrate on any ports other than the ones on the practice exam here.

Don't worry about differentiating between UDP and TCP, I did not encounter any questions requiring so, and I highly doubt there are any, I guess you never know though.

All of the port questions I got, which was quite a few, required only the number of the port.
    Working on MS-ISA at Western Governor's University
  • Options
    Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
    Just FYI

I did run across for sure at least 1 question... maybe even 2 questions that required me to know UDP vs TCP.

I wish I could disclose more info than that but that's all I can say.

That being said however I can probably safely say that you will not run into many port questions and of those port question you may not even get any that require you to choose between UDP and TCP but you should know them just in case.