GSEC in the Bag!!

theroamingjoetheroamingjoe Member Posts: 24 ■□□□□□□□□□
It took me 3 hours & 51 minutes to get through the exam but I passed with a 93%!

As has been said many times before, I can't begin to tell you how important building an index is when preparing for this exam. Mine was over thirty pages!! For one, it forces you to review all of the material but it can also make the difference between a merely passing score and scoring high enough to be on the GIAC Advisory Board.

With as many possible topics as there can be on this exam I don't know how anyone can manage to pass it without taking the class, or having the course materials.

One observation...

I do think the questions on the actual exam are harder than the ones I encountered in the practice tests.

Comments

• docricedocrice Member Posts: 1,706 ■■■■■■■■■■
    That's the same score I got when I took that exam. A focused four hours is pretty exhausting, so great job on the pass. There's certainly a ton of information to soak up and it does feel quite overwhelming.
    Hopefully-useful stuff I've written: http://kimiushida.com/bitsandpieces/articles/
  • YFZbluYFZblu Member Posts: 1,462 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Nice work - Overall, i think SEC401 is one of the most rigorous tracks SANS offers.
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
  • chopstickschopsticks Member Posts: 389
    May I ask if you have taken online or real-live class? Congrads to your passing of this exam! icon_thumright.gif
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    Another 93%? I got a 93.89% too. Congratulations! icon_thumright.gif
  • theroamingjoetheroamingjoe Member Posts: 24 ■□□□□□□□□□
    chopsticks, I signed up for the work study program for SEC401 so I had the benefit of the week long class and the online self-study material.
  • theroamingjoetheroamingjoe Member Posts: 24 ■□□□□□□□□□
    JDMurray wrote: »
    Another 93%? I got a 93.89% too. Congratulations! icon_thumright.gif

Thanks!! Mine was 93.33% to be exact. icon_smile.gif
  • Heracles004Heracles004 Member Posts: 50 ■■■□□□□□□□
    After the math it looks like you guys got me by 5-6 questions . Congratulations and GREAT score!!