any low cost subs for certs mentioned here??

ayu123_kumarayu123_kumar Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
hello,
i'm ayush,
i want to persue my career as an security proffesional but the certifications suggested here are way to expensive for a kid with not much money :/ after browsing many thread here i came to know abt many certs like a+,network+,sec+, etc...
i want to know which certs and experice in which feild would lead me a good earning job in sec sector...
And as i took sample paper for a+ and network+ and had 100/100 score i also know much abt Linux and windows, know how to do bash, c++(best at it) programming (as recommended many posts). Many websites like offensive security offer pwk ctpand wifu... Should I take it? (I know it's expensive) is it worth it?
Please Do tell :)

Comments

• SecurityThroughObscuritySecurityThroughObscurity Member Posts: 212 ■■■□□□□□□□
    network security?
    information security?

what kind of job would you like?
  • ayu123_kumarayu123_kumar Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Information security
  • SecurityThroughObscuritySecurityThroughObscurity Member Posts: 212 ■■■□□□□□□□
    CISSP is well-known, valuable.
    But do you fit in requirements?
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    In InfoSec the cert to start with is Security+. What's you price threshold to start your InfoSec career?
    I may go upto 800$ if needed.... cause I have to earn on my own :/
    And it seems CISSP is an advance certificate.. I suerly want to get that but is there not a specified way that I can follow like certain course or certs before it?
  • fredrikjjfredrikjj Member Posts: 879
    Start a blog. Read and learn a lot, and write well written, well thought out posts on key topics. Once you've built up a respectable collection of good articles, link to your blog when you apply for jobs. This is free and probably more effective than a bunch of certs that they'll assume that you used braindumps for anyway. Make sure that you really know your stuff so that when you actually get an interview, you'll impress.
  • ougijoeougijoe Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Definitely Security+ to begin your journey. Good luck!
    thanx a lot fredrikjj... it is actually a good idea... (Y)
    thanx ougijeo for a definte answer :)
    thanx jdmurray :)
  • chanakyajupudichanakyajupudi Member Posts: 712
    If you are based in India ! This is my advice. Get you Graduation first. Then start looking for opportunities to learn Via blogs , free learning , cbt nuggets and the likes.

Then work towards the certs. Knowledge is better than certs. Study for the certs. Do it when you have the extra cash.

Take the exam blueprint of whatever you want to study. Use that as a guideline to study. Google is your best friend !

Cheers

Chanakya
    Work In Progress - RHCA [ ] Certified Cloud Security Professional [ ] GMON/GWAPT if Work Study is accepted [ ]
    http://adarsh.amazonwebservices.ninja

thanx chanakya :D already did most of the things you said like cbt nuggets etc...