Passed rhce

fakhruldeenfakhruldeen Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
after 10 years in linux world I finally got certified !!
on last february I found an offer from a testing center here in Egypt to buy a seat for for RHCSA and RHCE exams for a discounted price so I decided to use this offer and set for both exams on March 9th and 16th ..
the first exam EX200 was very easy and really didn't require that much knowledge to complete in 1 hour and use the remaining time to test my configuration
but it's not the same in EX300 which used the whole allocated time to finish
only used the official red hat student books to setup labs and to study for exams
if you have prior experience my recommendation is to use only 2 books {rhcsa rapid track and rhce rapid track} cause they both cover what's needed to pass the exam if not then go along with system admin I, II, III
and I do recommend taking both exams in a short period of time cause RHCE covers some topics which needs knowledge from RHCSA exam objectives
I used VTC courses .. they are short and enough to refresh your mind too

Comments

• stryder144stryder144 Member Posts: 1,684 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Awesome job, congratulations!
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me
  • sasnimrodsasnimrod Member Posts: 99 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations :)
  • varelgvarelg Banned Posts: 790
    Awesome! Congratulations! After 10 years in Linux?! Sheeesh! Wait, I thought RHCE is easier than RHCSA and that RHCSA is a lot more nit picking and junior stuff?
    As far as booking both exams in short period of time, that's how I am looking into doing it as well, so I was right...
    Thank you for sharing the good news.
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • BlazepuBlazepu Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    varelg wrote: »
    Awesome! Congratulations! After 10 years in Linux?! Sheeesh! Wait, I thought RHCE is easier than RHCSA and that RHCSA is a lot more nit picking and junior stuff?
    As far as booking both exams in short period of time, that's how I am looking into doing it as well, so I was right...
    Thank you for sharing the good news.

IT's the opposite RHCSA is much easier and straight forward cert while RHCE was tough, I couldn't believe myself when I passed.
  • The ITThe IT Member Posts: 24 ■□□□□□□□□□
    if you have prior experience my recommendation is to use only 2 books {rhcsa rapid track and rhce rapid track} cause they both cover what's needed to pass the exam if not then go along with system admin I, II, III
    What's the link or ISDN of this books, please?
  • fakhruldeenfakhruldeen Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    if you have work experience with linux then RHCE is much more easier than RHCSA
    and if you take a look at the exam objectives and the contents of official courses Administration I, II and III , then you will find out that RHCE is just alittle to build up to RHCSA level so I suggest booking both exams in short period so your memory will be fresh
    all of those who set for the exam in the same session failed .. some of them are much more experienced than me but the most common thing among them is that they toke nearly 3 months for preparation after the RHCSA exam
    again, it's hands on , lab exam so it's all about experience .. study and work alot on your virtual machines then you are more than fine .. both are easy for experienced admin
  • fakhruldeenfakhruldeen Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I'm not sure if I'm allowed to publish them or not .. I had access to official printed media from a redhat partner that's what I used but you still can search alittle for it
    my advice if you plan to study it and you need to get deeper knowledge to go for the official documentation
  • chownwwwchownwww Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    The IT wrote: »
    What's the link or ISDN of this books, please?

I think these books are not selling in book shops. You might consider Michel Jang RHCE v6 book.