Which are the highest paying and most in-demand CCIE Tracks?

skinsFan202skinsFan202 Member Posts: 87 ■■■□□□□□□□
Wayne Lawson from iPExpert did some good analysis and breakdown here recently to answer the question.

iPexpert Founder Wayne Lawson – Looking For a Job :: Undercover Boss « Uncategorized « CCIE Blog

Thing that surprised me the most in this was the amount of demand in Texas

Comments

• aftereffectoraftereffector Member Posts: 525 ■■■■□□□□□□
    That was a great read. Thanks for sharing it!
    CCIE Security - this one might take a while...
  • FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Yeah great read. Thanks for the post.
  • Danielh22185Danielh22185 Member Posts: 1,195 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Wayne Lawson from iPExpert did some good analysis and breakdown here recently to answer the question.

iPexpert Founder Wayne Lawson – Looking For a Job :: Undercover Boss « Uncategorized « CCIE Blog

Thing that surprised me the most in this was the amount of demand in Texas

I am not suprised at all about Texas being in 2nd. Give it 3-5 years and it will be the leader. IT jobs are explosive here, espically network engineering jobs. With no state income tax as well many companies are reloacting infrastructure services here. My company originally housed all its engineering / operations positions out of NY/NJ. Now more than 80% are in Texas.
    Currently Studying: IE Stuff...kinda...for now...
    My ultimate career goal: To climb to the top of the computer network industry food chain.
    "Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else." - Vince Lombardi
  • TBickleTBickle Member Posts: 110
    I second what Daniel said. There's no shortage of them, especially in Austin.
  • Danielh22185Danielh22185 Member Posts: 1,195 ■■■■□□□□□□
    TBickle wrote: »
    I second what Daniel said. There's no shortage of them, especially in Austin.

I think I get a call for a job in Austin once a week!
    Currently Studying: IE Stuff...kinda...for now...
    My ultimate career goal: To climb to the top of the computer network industry food chain.
    "Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else." - Vince Lombardi
  • IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    I will eventually start my studies for the CCIE R&S probably at the end of next year. I've also become REALLY interested in the CCIE DC as well just because there is a LOT of overlap in the two and studying for one will get you most of the way for the other.

Makes me happy to know that the salaries are great for both and R&S is in great demand
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com
  • ccnpninjaccnpninja Member Posts: 1,010 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Paul6Paul6 Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Agreed, great read.
  • lsud00dlsud00d Member Posts: 1,571
    I think beyond being an interesting article in its focus, it has some really good resume advice. Nice find!
  • TechGuru80TechGuru80 Member Posts: 1,539 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Great article for anybody on a path for a CCIE.
  • gorebrushgorebrush Member Posts: 2,743 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Good article, wish someone would do a UK version though.

Trouble is - a CCIE job doesn't come up very often in South Wales - and so far in my career I've only met one CCIE.....
  • lsud00dlsud00d Member Posts: 1,571
    I was working with a CCIE the other day and pulled one of these--

http://i.imgur.com/qXpfuht.jpg