Free/Reduced Certifications - Free/Reduced Training

Comments

• planet69planet69 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    The Brocade voucher is valid for 150-810 and 150-820
  • muneebkalathilmuneebkalathil Member Posts: 148
    Free Short Course: Ethical Hacking

The aim of the short course is to give you a taste of what it is like to undertake Postgraduate study via Distance Education with Charles Sturt University. The Ethical Hacking short course partially prepares you for certification as an EC-Council Certified Ethical Hacker, and covers sections of our subject ITE516 Hacking Countermeasures, an elective subject in theInformation Systems Security Masters Degree at Charles Sturt University.
    The short course will be run over 5 weeks with lectures being delivered via weekly after hours Webinars (recordings of the Webinar will be available if you are unable to make the live event). In between the Webinars, you will be asked to do 10-12 hours of study.

>> Free Short Course: Ethical Hacking | IT Masters
  • N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
  • mgmguy1mgmguy1 Member Posts: 485 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Thank you. I am bookmark this and share it with some friends.
    "A lot of fellows nowadays have a B.A., M.D., or Ph.D. Unfortunately, they don't have a J.O.B."

Fats Domino
  • EdenSBEdenSB Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Are these generally certificates which you need to print out yourself or ones which they will mail out to you?

If mailing out, are they available internationally?

I currently live in South Korea. I'll eventually be moving, but to the U.K. and I imagine a lot of these are U.S.-based.
  • tprice5tprice5 Member Posts: 770
    Some of these are print off, but a lot of them you have to go into a testing center to take them, thus, the certificate would either be mailed or, more likely, you wouldn't get one.

Welcome to TE!
    Certification To-Do: CEH [ ], CHFI [ ], NCSA [ ], E10-001 [ ], 70-413 [ ], 70-414 [ ]
    WGU MSISA
    Start Date: 10/01/2014 | Complete Date: ASAP
    All Courses: LOT2, LYT2 , UVC2, ORA1, VUT2, VLT2 , FNV2 , TFT2 , JIT2 , FMV2, FXT2 , LQT2
    tprice5 wrote: »
    Some of these are print off, but a lot of them you have to go into a testing center to take them, thus, the certificate would either be mailed or, more likely, you wouldn't get one.

Welcome to TE!

Thanks for the welcome!

I'll have to sort through the expired and those that need to be taken in person to see what looks interesting. I'll keep the thread bookmarked too since it's more likely I can take exams when in the U.K.
  • ayu123_kumarayu123_kumar Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    thanx a lot man!!!! :Dicon_thumright.gif
  • miguel.cabralmiguel.cabral Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi There, in itpreneurs.com you get 20% off any certification and course with code "blackfriday" (i managed Prince2 Foundation course+cert for less than the exams price where i live).
  • craig88craig88 Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
    ZyXel offer free training and certification for their - ZCNP (ZyXEL Certified Network Professional)

ZyXEL Education Center
  • XyroXyro Member Posts: 623
    Free Cryptography I course from Stanford University:
    https://www.coursera.org/course/crypto

Begins April 1st

Note also that Cryptography II will be available later this year.
  • stryder144stryder144 Member Posts: 1,684 ■■■■■■■■□□
    craig88 wrote: »
    ZyXel offer free training and certification for their - ZCNP (ZyXEL Certified Network Professional)

ZyXEL Education Center

I tried to register but got an error message stating that I needed to fill in all required lines. I even filled in the non-required ones and still no joy! Anyone else experience this problem?

Update: Apparently it didn't work so well in Chrome but worked fine in IE. I'm now registered. Thanks for the link.
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me
    stryder144 wrote: »

Update: Apparently it didn't work so well in Chrome but worked fine in IE. I'm now registered. Thanks for the link.

Oddly enough, I experienced a different error, where it wouldn't work in IE due a greyed out Submit button, but worked fine it Chrome.
  • ougijoeougijoe Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Unbelievable resource! I've shared this with several of my colleagues.

Thanks!
  • KonfliktKonflikt Member Posts: 43 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I tried to register but got an error message stating that I needed to fill in all required lines. I even filled in the non-required ones and still no joy! Anyone else experience this problem?

have you already started the studying? is it still available and valid?
    for 2013: [x] 3x VCA, [x] VCAP5-DCA, [-] VCAP-DCD - failed. PASSED in 2014
    for 2014: [x] BACP, [x] SCP, [x] 70-409, [x] VCAP-DCD
    for 2015: [x] VCP6-DCV,
    for 2016: [x] upgrade VCAPs to VCIX6-DCV, [x] CCNA [-]
    2019: NEW job, back to again to the datacenter area:)
    My Virtual blog: vthing.wordpress.com
    Konflikt wrote: »
    have you already started the studying? is it still available and valid?

I started it. It's still available and valid as far as I can tell.

That said, the study materials are pretty terrible unless you already know a lot of what you're studying. It goes from 'Networking is making two computers talk to each other' to 'something something technical terms with no definition', then some badly explained things.
  • tprice5tprice5 Member Posts: 770
    ZyXel? Never heard of them. Might care if I was a networking guy but even then I am not sure I would bother with it. Specializing in hardware no one uses isn't the smartest way to utilize your resources.
    Certification To-Do: CEH [ ], CHFI [ ], NCSA [ ], E10-001 [ ], 70-413 [ ], 70-414 [ ]
    WGU MSISA
    Start Date: 10/01/2014 | Complete Date: ASAP
    All Courses: LOT2, LYT2 , UVC2, ORA1, VUT2, VLT2 , FNV2 , TFT2 , JIT2 , FMV2, FXT2 , LQT2
  • jleydon82jleydon82 Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Great thread. Thanks for the informative and organized set of links!
  • j23evanj23evan Member Posts: 135 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I have finally gotten assigned to a client where the work load is light, so I can ramp up my knowledge transfer and sharing. I have created a new version of this fellow (Since I cant edit the original post any longer). http://www.techexams.net/forums/general-certification/99703-free-reduced-certifications-free-reduced-training-2014-edition.html Is the new flavor, and expect it to be updated frequently.
    https://vWrong.com - Microsoft Certified Trainer 2013-2018 - VMware vExpert 2014-2018 - Cisco Champion 2018 - http://linkedin.com/in/j23evan/
  • realPSIrealPSI Member Posts: 51 ■■□□□□□□□□
    https://ics-cert-training.inl.gov/pages/catalog/CourseCatalog.aspx

Found this yesterday while searching for SCADA certifications. I have enrolled in the 15 hur course.
  • codedwarcodedwar Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I signed up for the free BCNE web based course on the Brocade website and got an email a couple weeks later with a free exam voucher. I think June is the last month to get the free voucher so if you're interested I would email them. I have the exam scheduled for 23 May. I don't work with Brocade in my current job so I honestly don't care if I pass. Why pass up a free exam though?
  • mccandidatemccandidate Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the post! Great one!
  • wd40wd40 Member Posts: 1,017 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Not sure if this was posted before

The Linux Command Line Book is available as a Free download from the Authors site.
    It is a 537 page e-book (pdf).

The Linux Command Line by William E. Shotts, Jr.

• Skynet9Skynet9 Member Posts: 83 ■■□□□□□□□□
    realPSI wrote: »
    https://ics-cert-training.inl.gov/pages/catalog/CourseCatalog.aspx

Found this yesterday while searching for SCADA certifications. I have enrolled in the 15 hur course.

Question about 15 hour course: What are the reqs? like what kind of knowledge i should have before enrolling?
    (I am com networking major).
  • stryder144stryder144 Member Posts: 1,684 ■■■■■■■■□□
    There doesn't appear to be any pre-requisites for the 15 hour course (210W - Cybersecurity for Industrial Control Systems).
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me
  • Skynet9Skynet9 Member Posts: 83 ■■□□□□□□□□
    There doesn't appear to be any pre-requisites for the 15 hour course (210W - Cybersecurity for Industrial Control Systems).

Currently enrolled. Would put on my LinkedIn profile once completed instead of on resume. Cheers!
  • jonny72jonny72 Member Posts: 69 ■■■□□□□□□□
    There is an offer on the Microsoft Press website. It appears it's supposed to give you 90% off the ebook of a hardcopy book you own but it actually gives you 90% off all ebooks. There is a link to the offer on their home page.
  • BerediusBeredius Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Do you have the link?
  • fuz1onfuz1on Member Posts: 961 ■■■■□□□□□□
    timku.com(puter) | ProHacker.Co(nsultant) | ITaaS.Co(nstultant) | ThePenTester.net | @fuz1on
    Transmosis | http://transmosis.com | LinkedIn | https://linkedin.com/in/t1mku
    If evil be spoken of you and it be true, correct yourself, if it be a lie, laugh at it. - Epictetus
    The only real failure in life is not to be true to the best one knows. - Buddha
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you. - Unknown
  • Mike7Mike7 Member Posts: 1,107 ■■■■□□□□□□