70-290 Exam :)

volrathxpvolrathxp Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
Taking it next week. icon_lol.gif

I took the beta 71-290 and actually didn't pass it so I'm taking the final version next week.

Forewarning to anyone who is going to take this exam, on the beta there were a good amount of questions on Software Update Services so if you know nothing about IIS and SUS, learn it!!!

The beta exam was extremely tough, and I'm hoping that it was somewhat representative of the final exam in terms of the level of difficulty the questions were.

Anyways, this site seems pretty slick :)

Wish me luck!!
Joseph Dyer
Co-Founder / Co-Owner - Rock-Comics.com
MCP, Windows XP Professional
MCP, Managing and Maintaining a Windows Server 2003 Environment
Gentoo Linux Hippie

Comments

• GhentGhent Member Posts: 310
    Good luck with the exam.
    Prais'd be the fathomless universe, for life and joy, and for objects and knowledge curious.' Whalt Whitman
  • volrathxpvolrathxp Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Ghent wrote:
    Good luck with the exam.

Hey thanks :D

I can't wait to get this one out of the way so I can get to the other exams... I'd at least like to make MCSA 2003 by the end of the year. I know I've got enough experience with the product. :)
    Joseph Dyer
    Gentoo Linux Hippie
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    I hope to have, well I expect to have, a lot more Windows 2003 material on the site before the end of the year. I'm finishing off the 70-210 and 70-215 TechNotes, but after that I'm not going to write anything for 2000 and instead start working on more 2003 TechNotes and practice exams. So check in once in a while, and be sure to drop any questions here in the forums :)

Good luck next week!
    That's cool. Transcender already has ServerFlash demos available, but no actual software available yet for the practice tests.

After this I'm thinking of getting Linux+ out of the way and maybe Security+. :)
    Joseph Dyer
    Gentoo Linux Hippie
    Passed. :)

Barely, with a score of 700.

But I passed. icon_lol.gif
    Joseph Dyer
    Gentoo Linux Hippie
    I would also like to say that overall as an exam, this test was extremely tough. There's a lot of focus on NT Backup, Performance Monitoring, and NTFS Permissions.

Some of the questions even expected you to know which perfmon counters to use in a given situation and also a little knowledge of the command-line active directory tools (dsadd,dsmod,dsquery,dsget,dsrm,dsmove,gpupdate,etc.)
    Joseph Dyer
    Gentoo Linux Hippie
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
  • jondiamondjondiamond Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    :D I agree with the other posts this is a difficalt exam!

I've just managed to scrape a pass with 704.... I'm not sure if you all had the same but the exam interface had changed since my last exam. It now doesn't let you navigate away from a question until you have scrolled fully in all directions in all scrollable areas!!

Most of the time it just revealed white space anyway!

I didn't like this much and just got frustrated, I think if someone is stupid enough not to scroll all the way around or is certain of the answer let them just click next.... did this get on anyone elses nerves!

Oh and my exam crashed twice! think I might take some time out to grow my fingernails again!!