801 Scheduled Thursday

TByrd450TByrd450 Member Posts: 65 ■■□□□□□□□□
Any last minute tips. I have purchased Professor Messer's study guides to review, does anybody else have any last minute review guides that are free I could use to review with. Aren't the performance based questions at the beginning. Would it be wise to skip them and come back after the multiple choice to help jog my memory. I have horible test anxiety. Has anybody used this strategy.

Comments

• AW177AW177 Member Posts: 34 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I don't have any knowledge of any review guides for free, but if you used the Exam Cram practice tests and passed with high 80's, 90's, then you should be good to go. It's up to you if you want to skip the performance questions for later, depends on how you take tests. Me personally, I just went through the test from beginning to end.
  • aderonaderon Member Posts: 404 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I passed the 801 this last Friday. The one thing that stood out to me is that there's a lot more questions about hardware recommendations than I would've expected. Like the question will ask something to the affect of "Based on this scenario, what hardware would you recommend if you were to build this customer a computer." There's very specific answers they're looking for so I'd brush up on that if you aren't comfortable in that area.

Other than that, the sims are fairly easy. Know how to setup a router for wireless access (You could practice on your own router) and how to identify parts of a motherboard (Just browse newegg.com). If you've got test anxiety, then yes it might be worth just saving the sims for last. Cruising through some multiple-choice tends to help build confidence.

I don't think I can get too much more specific without giving away more than I'm allowed or should. I'd say if you have some sort of practice exam CD that came with a study book then I'd continue to test on it until you can get around a 90% and then take the exam. Also, I've got some Quizlet Flashcards I made while studying that might help if you'd like me to share them. Good luck!
    2019 Certification/Degree Goals: AWS CSA Renewal (In Progress), M.S. Cybersecurity (In Progress), CCNA R&S Renewal (Not Started)
  • TByrd450TByrd450 Member Posts: 65 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Is this what you mean by hardware questions. Is this chart accurate?

• XyroXyro Member Posts: 623
    I have monumentally horrific (lol) test anxiety and I would never leave the sims for last. Generally, I like to knock out the most difficult material first because it has a higher time variable than simpler questions you can rush through. I would not want to get stuck rushing through sims. It is less stressful, easier, and more "do-able" to rush through the other questions in my opinion.
  • aderonaderon Member Posts: 404 ■■■■□□□□□□
    TByrd450 wrote: »
    Is this what you mean by hardware questions. Is this chart accurate?

Yes that's what I'm referring to. It's A+ Objective 1.9 (Evaluate and select appropriate components for a custom configuration, to meet customer specifications or needs.) There's some more details on it here: link
    2019 Certification/Degree Goals: AWS CSA Renewal (In Progress), M.S. Cybersecurity (In Progress), CCNA R&S Renewal (Not Started)