CISSP Scheduled for 4/25

NimrodHunterNimrodHunter Member Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
Well, I bit the bullet a whipped out my CC and paid the $599 test fee to take the CISSP. Needless to say I am a little (OK a lot) nervous. I have read the

Shon Harris AIO, 6th ed
Eric Conrad CISSP Study Guide, 2nd
Watch the CBT Nuggets video lessons

Yet I still feel anxious about taking the test. I still plan on reading the CISSP Exam Cram and Eric Conrad, 11th hour along with taking practice test from CCCure exam engine and Transcender as well. I still have 3 weeks to prepare and study and have been working on CISSP stuff for 4-6 hours a day and feel overwhelmed by the amount of information that is presented. I have been in IT since 1997, and have experience in many of the domain, but something just doesn't seem right. Maybe its just my nerves, my own insecurities, and reading the horror stories of the CISSP being the hardest test I will ever take and that no practice test comes near to the content of what to expect on the test, is just not sitting right.

Anyway, if you have any suggestions or and advice please let me know. Wish me Luck! 21d:3h:2m countdown from the time of this post.

Comments

• MSP-ITMSP-IT Member Posts: 752 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I have mine scheduled on the 21st. There were some recommendations on the forum to breeze through this document right before the exam.

http://securityprofessionalmagazine.com/study_materials/CISSP/CISSPSummaryV1.1.pdf
  • NimrodHunterNimrodHunter Member Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks! I have this printed and will take it with me to review when I am not in front of my PC or have limited access to my phone.
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    I don't see mention of practice tests. Have you done CCCure, studISCope, or similar?
  • zxbanezxbane Member Posts: 740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Cyber,

It looks like he mentions CCCure and Transcender in his post.

To OP, best of luck, along with MSIT as well, be sure to let us know how you both do!
  • NimrodHunterNimrodHunter Member Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I have purchased the CCCure practice engine and will look to do the Transcender engine also ... for the $289 that the studISCope costs, is it worth it? for only 300 questions.

I've only seen a handful of people who used these.
  • zxbanezxbane Member Posts: 740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I can't speak on the quality of studISCope but I can say that I used CCCure and Transcender and they were more than enough for my preparation.
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    OK, I'm officially blind.
  • supergsuperg Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I have purchased the CCCure practice engine and will look to do the Transcender engine also ... for the $289 that the studISCope costs, is it worth it? for only 300 questions.

I've only seen a handful of people who used these.

According to this press release:

"studISCope provides a simulation of the (ISC)² Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP®) and Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP®) certification exams. Questions used in this self-assessment are comprised of retired questions from previous versions of the actual certification exams and newer questions developed by (ISC)² -certified subject matter experts."

So if you want to get a feel for what actual questions were on the exam in the past, it's probably the only way to go.

There is a 20% discount available for ISSA members. ISSA also provides a 50% discount code for CRC Press, so the official green books are $40. The combination of these savings pretty much pays for the ISSA membership for the first year (which can be used as CE credit for CompTIA as well. I try to maximize value where I can.) :)
  • BreadfanBreadfan Member Posts: 282 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Unless you have unlimited funds icon_king.gif...I would stick with the Paid CCure. They were invaluable to me passing the test.

Good luck to you both.

Breadfan
    Mark Twain

“If I cannot drink Bourbon and smoke cigars in Heaven than I shall not go.

• BenchwarmersBenchwarmers Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I would also recommend making flashcards and notes. Repeat and challenge yourself on the concepts you are struggling to learn. Good luck!