Learning the Cloud

10Linefigure10Linefigure Member Posts: 368 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hey guys so I get home a bit later this year and was going to finish ICND2 and start/finish the MCSA: Windows 7. But on the side and if there is time can you guys tell me a bit about Cloud computing? I want to learn about it but have to hands on time with equipment or the enviroment.

Here are some questions and ideas. What is the difference between CompTIA Cloud+ and Cloud Essentials? Would one of those paired with a VMware VCA level cert be a good starting point to build knowledge on without the equipment to actually practice and apply?

Thanks guys
CCNP R&S, Security+
B.S. Geography - Business Minor
MicroMasters - CyberSecurity
Professional Certificate - IT Project Management

Comments

• stryder144stryder144 Member Posts: 1,684 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Honestly, I would suggest reading the cloud+ prep book but skip the cert. No real demand. CCNA, VMware VCP (requires classroom instruction...search for Stanly or Dallas for classes that are cheap), then a storage cert (NetApp for instance) should give a strong foundation in the cloud space.
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I would recommend VMware certifications if you want to learn the cloud and get great ROI!! :)
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63