CCENT Pass 28/03/2014

FlukezFlukez Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi guys,

This is second time I've sat an exam, my first sit being a pass on the CISSP.

Found the CCENT to be pretty challenging at some points, namely the simulation.

I'd recommend taking some time before the exam starts to look at the introduction which explains how the questions/test simulations will be put in front of you. Otherwise I might of been thrown off on how the questions get presented.

Got 815/1000, pass mark being 804. My weakest domain was network security (71%)... the irony being my profession is security consultancy - had a good laugh at that. I guess that's really down to understanding the 'Cisco' way.

I used the Tom L book first off (took notes on every chapter), went over to the CBT nuggets to consolidate the learning, did some labs of my own on packet tracer, became a subnetting God using the subnetting questions website and finally hit up a good 400 questions on Transcender.

Considering CCNA:Security or completing the lot for CCNA R&S

Good luck

Blair

Comments

• XyroXyro Member Posts: 623
  • FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • xnxxnx Member Posts: 464 ■■■□□□□□□□
    1 badly worded 'network security' question stopped me from getting 1000 when I passed, definitely down to the 'cisco' way -_-
    Getting There ...

Lab Equipment: Using Cisco CSRs and 4 Switches currently
  • shyguyITshyguyIT Member Posts: 380
    Congrats! icon_thumright.gif
    2017 Goals:
    Route[X], Switch [], TSHOOT[]
  • 10Linefigure10Linefigure Member Posts: 368 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    CCNP R&S, Security+
    B.S. Geography - Business Minor
    MicroMasters - CyberSecurity
    Professional Certificate - IT Project Management
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Jon_CiscoJon_Cisco Member Posts: 1,772 ■■■■■■■■□□
  • SharkDiverSharkDiver Member Posts: 844
    Congratulations.
    Great Job.
  • MrPuzzlezMrPuzzlez Member Posts: 89 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Total Awesomeness! Keep at it!
  • skittledmonkeyskittledmonkey Member Posts: 25 ■□□□□□□□□□
    My weakest topic was also network security with 67% luckily everything else brought my average up.
  • nar1ynar1y Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Grats! I passed mine a month ago. Don't think I'm gonna do the CCNA as I want to go into infosec, specifically pentesting. Signed up for the OSCP about 2 weeks ago, and I love it. Lots of work, but way more fun than configuring routers, haha.