Options

TByrd450TByrd450 Member Posts: 65 ■■□□□□□□□□
This is for people who have passed the 802. What kind of objectives do I need to be most familiar with. Especially the sims. What can I expect.

Comments

• Options
    aderonaderon Member Posts: 404 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I'll let you know later on today after I take it, but from my experience with CompTIA exams, everything is fair game. If it's in the objectives, it can be on the exam. You might get a ton of questions about an obscure and only briefly covered topic or you might not. The best bet is to just know it all and only take the exams once you're scoring 90% or higher on the practice exams.
    2019 Certification/Degree Goals: AWS CSA Renewal (In Progress), M.S. Cybersecurity (In Progress), CCNA R&S Renewal (Not Started)
  • Options
    Alright, so I just passed it. As far as the sims go, good luck. There were two that I wasn't even sure what was being asked and your ability to navigate through the sim is actually pretty severely limited (more than normal for a CompTIA test). You're definitely going to need to know how to edit your network adapter settings (Specifically IP configuration). So I'd brush up on that if you're not familiar. Also, the simulators will test your ability to read the question correctly. There will be key words in the sims that, if you miss, you'll be setting up your sim completely wrong.

I wouldn't worry too much about it though, the multiple choice questions themselves were fairly straightforward and pretty rudimentary. For reference, I was getting 93-95% on practice exams and scored a 775 on the actual test.
    2019 Certification/Degree Goals: AWS CSA Renewal (In Progress), M.S. Cybersecurity (In Progress), CCNA R&S Renewal (Not Started)
  • Options
    Was there much command line?
  • Options
    You'll need to know the various switches you can use on the commands listed in the A+ objectives and what they do. Also, there was a sim focused on the command prompt, but I can't get too specific. Understand how to network troubleshoot from the command line and you'll do fine (ipconfig, net, nslookup, etc).

I'd say you can afford to miss a few of the command line questions and still pass, but they're practically freebies since they require no thought, just memorization. It's worth setting up some flashcards for yourself if you think you might have trouble with command line questions.

Also, I just saw that you just passed the 801. I'd say the sims in 802 are more difficult than the ones in 801, so it'd be worth finding some practice online sims to brush up before you test.
  • Options
    Thank you. I am using Labsim to train. It has videos and virtual environments to practice. I'll be sure to go and brush up over the next week. Yea 801 sims were easy. I had duplicate sims for two different objectives. Only slight changes were made.
  • Options
    ImYourOnlyDJImYourOnlyDJ Member Posts: 180
    I had a hard time with the simulations (I had 7), mostly because I found it was impossible to check your work after. I would reccomend you know your network troublshooting command line, system recovery command line, msconfig, and control panel.