What do i need to get my MCSA/MCSE

spookyspooky Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi :D ,

I obtain my MCP by passing 3 comptia exams (network+ and A+ software and hardware) along with a microsoft 70-210 exam. Can you tell me what additional exams do i need to gain my MCSA/MCSE. Would you also say it is better to get qualified at 2003 level rather than 2000??

Thanx inadvance

Spooky

Comments

• leefdaddyleefdaddy Member Posts: 405
    You only needed 70-210 for the MCP not all 3 of those....

Here are the requirements for MCSA 2003
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcsa/windows2003/

Here are the requirements for MCSE 2003
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcse/windows2003/
    Dustin Leefers
  • OlajuwonOlajuwon Inactive Imported Users Posts: 356
    If you're going to get a certification, at least know how to find the info about it. What is the IT world coming to? How can you be competent in your job if you can't browse microsoft.com for info about the certifications they offer? How did you pass the 70-210 exam without browsing the mcp site for info? icon_sad.gif
    I didn't want to sound too harsh but I had to say this. I've seen it too many times on these forums.
    "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years"
  • TeKniquesTeKniques Member Posts: 1,262 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Olajuwon wrote:
    If you're going to get a certification, at least know how to find the info about it. What is the IT world coming to? How can you be competent in your job if you can't browse microsoft.com for info about the certifications they offer? How did you pass the 70-210 exam without browsing the mcp site for info? icon_sad.gif
    I didn't want to sound too harsh but I had to say this. I've seen it too many times on these forums.

I agree 150%, if I can agree that much icon_wink.gif

It bewilders me some of the posts I see asking about generic info that can be found on a vendors websites' FAQ. Nothing personal to the OP, I'm sure he just wants info like everyone else, and to be honest asking here is better than actually google searching 'MCSE' because of all the nonsense that is returned in the results icon_mad.gif

MCSE info
    MCSA info
  • spookyspooky Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hi,

The reason why i asked is because i thought it was easier to ask someone who was in my situation. I was told to take the comptia exams because this will go towards my MCSA/MCSE. i was with a learning agency who ran courses and i payed a lot of money to try and gain my MCSE within a year.But things had happen in my life which caused me not to complete the course. Now after 2 years of sorting out my life i have finally found a new job as a computer support officer for a university. They said that they will help me with studies and get me more qualified, thats why i wanted what direction to take from people who is more experience than me.

All knowledge and advice will be of good help....... icon_cool.gif

spooky
  • solo79solo79 Member Posts: 64 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Olajuwon wrote:

I agree. Well Said!!!! bowing.gif

which is why you want google Microsoft Certifications not MCSE and it gives you the link to the official site of MS certifications...Doesn't anyone know how to google?

As far as 2k or 2k3 that depends on your job and your plans. I went for 2k3 to be as up to date as possible.
    Finally ALL Done!!!!!!! MCSE:Messaging - Task Complete