Options

Java Standard Edition 6 Programmer Certified Professional - 1Z0-851 (310-065)

ikea_the_sofaikea_the_sofa Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
Anyone have any thoughts on the difficulty of this exam? I'm taking it for WGU [h=1]ANV1 - Software I.[/h]I recently took the MTA 98-363 Web Dev. Fundamentals (C#) and passed with a 93%. I found it relatively easy. I do scripting at work in VBScript and PowerShell everyday. A lot of people on the WGU forums said this was the hardest test most would have to take their whole degree but I'm not sure if they were BS-IT Software Focus. I'm trying to gauge how much preparation I should spend.

I've ordered:
SCJP Sun Certified Programmer for Java 6 Exam 310-065Katherine Sierra, Bert Bates

And

OCP Java SE 6 Programmer Practice Exams (Exam 310-065) (Certification Press)Bert Bates, Katherine Sierra

Are these decent resources for this cert? Any thoughts on how to go about studying for this?

Thanks for any help,
Ikea_The_Sofa

Comments

• Options
    byron.willbyron.will Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Oracle Certified Professional, Java SE 6 Programmer Preparation Article | Online Exam and Certification Preparation

This article explains about scjp 6 preparation simply.

I practice with their training lab simulator mock exam. EPractize labs study guide under basic sessions and mock exam is very helpful for my preparation.

Good luck for your preparation.
  • Options
    UAPOPPINGUAPOPPING Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hello

If I do not have background knowledge in JAVA, should I start from a JAVA text book first?

Thank you
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,028 Admin
    I would suggest taking a Java class, or at least an online video course where you can ask questions. Do you have a programming background at all?
  • Options
    I have learned C++. What kind of JAVA class you recommend? Thanks!
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,028 Admin
    Well, a beginning Java class, of course. ;)

But it really depends on you. If you learn better from books then you should pick up a beginning Java programming book that looks appealing to you. It really helps to have a friend who is already an experienced Jana programmer too.
  • Options