Options

what to study

nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
first and foremost i am on a high today as i passed my hardware with 740 and this site has been an excellent resource tool to have.

Secondly i am now onto the OS section of the a+ and i would like to know what areas/ things you guys think are important to know and are common on the exams? as i feel this will be a good starting point to start looking.
Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
WIP: Msc advanced networking

Comments

• Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    nel wrote:
    Secondly i am now onto the OS section of the a+ and i would like to know what areas/ things you guys think are important to know and are common on the exams? as i feel this will be a good starting point to start looking.

nel, I think we did this on the Core already ;)

-You need to know the objectives.
    -All the areas are equally important, but you can use the percentage guides from CompTIA to help you budget your time better.
    -The more hands-on experience you have the better you will likely do and the easier it will be for you to review and prepare for the exam.
    -Each candidates exam is different. You could end up with all 9x type questions, you may have 1 from 9x and none from XP/W2K or a ton on paths to upgrade. You could have questions on networking (basics) or not a single one.

So, your best bet is to download a copy of the OS objectives and go through them. Spend more time on the areas that are more uncomfortable for you and less on the stuff you get.

The TechNotes here should prove helpful.
    Meyers Book is still highly recommended.
    And again, as much hands-on the various OSs you can possibly get your hands on.

You'll do well. Sounds like you nailed the Core :)
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    hahah @ plantwiz ---> you are write we have done this before. what i ment was from people experiance on the exam wht they have came across. my mistake i should of wrote that more clearly.

Thanks for the advice (once again ;))
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking