71% on a network+ practice exam.

greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
HEY GUYS GOT A 71 ON A PRACTICE EXAM. icon9.pngALMOST THERE. WHAT TIPS DO YOU GUYS SUGGEST TO HELP WITH PASSING THE EXAM?
WHAT DID YOU GUYS USE TO STUDY WITH?

MY EXAM IS AT THE END OF APRIL.
:
Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.

Comments

• DeathmageDeathmage Banned Posts: 2,496
    what are you using to lab?
  • greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    up to this point I haven't been using any labs at all. I have been watching Professor Messer videos reading books and looking over some exam questions.
    what do you recommend me using to do labs?

how many questions are on the actual exam.?

what did you guys score on the exam?
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.
  • DonM34DonM34 Member Posts: 139
    REMOVED UNNECESSARY QUOTED REPLY FROM PREVIOUS POST

] I would use Exam Cram or Mike Meyers Network+ book....... tons of practice exams question. Currently I'm using Mike Meyers practice exams. It's set-up to show weak areas that needs to be polished.
    2014 Goal [ ] CCENT [ ] MCTS (Active Directory) [ ] CompTIA Security+
  • JasminLandryJasminLandry Member Posts: 601 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I used only Mike Meyer's book and it was enough for me to pass the exam. What you can also do if you want to go the networking route is read a CCENT book to help you out on the topics you need more effort in.
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    @Greg9891,

What type of experience do you have with working with the items covered in the NET+ objectives? The Meyers' Text is a very good book to brush up on material, but you need to have some experience as well. Whether or not that experience is lab or live doesn't matter as much as at least having some hands-on so that you understand the material as written.

I would not invest a ton of time in practice questions. Practice exams are fine to assess areas of weakness, but then go and study, lab, work in those areas so that you gain the knowledge rather than memorizing a bunch of Q&A. I suspect you'll want a job that honors your NET+ certificate? So, the best you can do is to actually learn the material.

As for what did I use? I had a ton of experience prior to the exam, the exam was a mere formality. I did read through Meyers' text too, but it affirmed what I knew and in a few instances just clarified items into CompTIA speak.

The CompTIA exams are not that difficult. They tend to be the first exams of many IT folks and therefore see more anxiety because folks taking CompTIA exams are new to IT certification exams and just are jittery by nature. Once you have experienced several exams, the process is more routine and you'll understand what you know and don't know a bit better/objectively.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Plantwiz thanks for the advice. I have worked in a networking field before but it was more of SOHO type environments. I worked in a store and we went out to various houses and stores around the community. I took the exam with out any real studying done yet. That's why I posted the form to get some suggestions.

I am very good with
    alot of topics but there are just a few exam topics and abbreviations that I have to get familiar with. some of the different topics and devices have the same set of abbreviations so I will really have to focus when i read through the questions.

Thanks alot though but I will definately put that study time in. I took the exams and am making up a list of study topics of all the areas i'm week on so i'll be set. I will put the practice exams down and will be studying my week areas for at least another 2 to 3 weeks.

Thanks Greg9891
    :