Studying for the 802 - Help!

AW177AW177 Member Posts: 34 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hey all, I passed the 801 about a week ago w/ an 818/900 and now studying for the 802. Time is a bit of a factor which I would like to take the exam ASAP, however just going over the amount of info to study is a lot more than the 801. Does anyone have any tips on which areas I should concentrate the MOST on? What do the sims focus on? I know you can look at the objectives, but I would like to focus more on areas that will probably show up on the 802.

Please advise if possible! Thank you!!

Comments

• ImYourOnlyDJImYourOnlyDJ Member Posts: 180
    Anything on the objectives can show up on the exam. For the sims I would reccomend going over the windows recovery process including the command line, troubleshooting networks though the command line, using the control panel, and stuff like that. I had 7 sims when I took it 4/08 but I don't know if that's average or not. Believe it or not but just by reading the objectives can give you the answers to some of the questions.
  • maroofcmaroofc Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Anything on the objectives can show up on the exam. For the sims I would reccomend going over the windows recovery process including the command line, troubleshooting networks though the command line, using the control panel, and stuff like that. I had 7 sims when I took it 4/08 but I don't know if that's average or not. Believe it or not but just by reading the objectives can give you the answers to some of the questions.

Agreed with the above, and most of all, remember, the 802 is mostly about troubleshooting so no stats etc such as max distance of an 802.11g network etc. Be sure to be clear on networking, printing, displays etc.
  • CJWelch89CJWelch89 Member Posts: 49 ■■■□□□□□□□
    There is a huge overlap between the 801 & 802 to the point that I hardly noticed the differences, but maybe I've just been lucky.

You asked about the simulation questions, well as others have said, it would probably be a good idea to brush up on your command line troubleshooting tools.
  • Pointless2003Pointless2003 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Just took the 801 and 802 yesterday. Yes I found that there is a good bit of overlap. The previous posters are right in saying that the 802 is very troubleshooting based and I had quite a few sims to do myself just like ImYourOnlyDJ did. Best Advice I can give you is Flag the question for review if you don't know it and come back to it. They give you plenty of time. And like others have said Review Command line based material.
  • Techguru365Techguru365 Member Posts: 131 ■■■□□□□□□□
    use professor messer free videos resource. The videos are very relevant, short and to the point and very well explained. Another thing is to browse the list of videos and concentrate mostly on the topics you think you are weakest in. Hardest part of the 802 are the sims. try and see if you can find the practice resource for those. Goodluck on the exam.
  • TByrd450TByrd450 Member Posts: 65 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Do what DJ said. I'm sure we had the same test. I had a lot of security best practices. With the given scenario what is best solution to implement questions. Or with x scenario what is the problem. Be familiar with the troubleshooting theory.
  • AW177AW177 Member Posts: 34 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thank you everyone for the tips, so much appreciated!!! Took the 802 today and passed: 869/900!!!