Options

Runtime '6' overflw Error Windows 7

CompuTron99CompuTron99 Member Posts: 542
Hello,

This one has me baffled a bit. I need to install this older (2011) program to a Windows 7 Pro SP2 x64 PC, and as soon as the installation starts I get a Runtime '6' overflow error. I have this program working on multiple PC also running the same version of Windows. I've check around, and all of my searches send me to Registry cleaning programs (most likely spyware / malware).
Has anyone seen this one before?

Comments

• Options
    --chris----chris-- Member Posts: 1,518 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Hello,

This one has me baffled a bit. I need to install this older (2011) program to a Windows 7 Pro SP2 x64 PC, and as soon as the installation starts I get a Runtime '6' overflow error. I have this program working on multiple PC also running the same version of Windows. I've check around, and all of my searches send me to Registry cleaning programs (most likely spyware / malware).
    Has anyone seen this one before?

I have not seen this exact error, but when I do see these types the fix is a wipe/install of 7. Is this possible? I have seen legit software update break registries bad enough to need a wipe/reload, I can only imagine what malware does.

It kills me that I don't know how to repair the problem, but time is money and a wipe/reload is the quickest fix.