VMWare VCP-DCV?

doodguydoodguy Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello everyone,

I have been studying for my VMWare VCP-DCV, and had a ton of fun learning/building my lab.

Now I'm concerned about a few things. 1) I know stanly.cc offers a VMWare approved course, but what Is the cost? I am not sure I want to pay $1,500+ for a class.

2) Are there any good online practice tests?

3) Should I forget VCP-DCV cert, be happy I have some knowledge of VMWare and move on to my MCSE?

Thank you for your thoughts

Comments

• EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    There are a few good online tests out there, check out our own daily quiz at the top of the threads in the Virtualization sub-forum. Then you have real good, exam-quality tests available at mwpreston.net.

As for the VCP, it's still a hot certification and probably will remain so for the foreseeable future. So get it while it's hot and it may open some doors for you.

Stanly offer the course for much less than $1500, please read the numerous threads on here about them.
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • stryder144stryder144 Member Posts: 1,684 ■■■■■■■■□□
    The cost to go to Stanly is $185, total. Books are extra, though not strictly needed (everything is provided). It is a fun course, in my opinion. The instructor is easy to contact and is usually very prompt with a reply. I definitely recommend the course. The only downside, there is a waiting list. BTW, Stanly_CC is the user name for the school on this forum.
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me
  • doodguydoodguy Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thank you all for the info. Waiting my turn on waiting list
  • NyblizzardNyblizzard Member Posts: 332 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I'm assuming the Waiting list lasts many months?
    O
    /|\
    / \
  • EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    More like a few months, best to ask them directly or read through the several Stanly threads we have on here.
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • JasminLandryJasminLandry Member Posts: 601 ■■■□□□□□□□
    To give an idea on the waiting list, I registered I believe in October or November and only got the registration email last week. So the waiting list is approximately 5-6 months.