eLearning Security v3

JonnyahJonnyah Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
I've just received an email that version 3 of the PTP course is coming out soon and it's advertised on the website https://www.elearnsecurity.com/
I'm currently halfway through the eCPPT Gold exam so this looks interesting.
I wonder if there will be a new exam process, eCPPT Platinum anyone?

Comments

• diggitlediggitle Member Posts: 118 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I just purchased the Penetration Testing Course - Student Version 2.0 for $99
    c colon i net pub dubdubdub root
  • chopstickschopsticks Member Posts: 389
    I received the same too.
  • ZoovashZoovash Member Posts: 84 ■■□□□□□□□□
    The syllabus for PTPv3 just got released and looks very interesting. They added Ruby for Penetration Testers and WiFi Hacking.
    Here's the Syllabus. I'll probably enroll for this one when I receive my next paycheck :)
  • SephStormSephStorm Member Posts: 1,731 ■■■■■■■□□□
    If I can make it through the programming module of the Student course I may do the PTP. I hope there is more video content in the course rather than the soundless slide decks used in the student course.

Interesting, they are moving from Python and C+ in the student course to Ruby in the Pro course. It'll give a good rounding I think.
  • cgrimaldocgrimaldo Member Posts: 439 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I'm on the webinar for the launch now :)
  • BodanelBodanel Member Posts: 214 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I will enroll after easter. I think i'll go with the 120 days option. I dont understand why the switch from python to ruby.
    I will also enroll after easter with the 120 days option, the main reason being the ruby module. I think they switched to ruby as it's more applicable to writing custom modules for metasploit. Either way, I'm sure it will be worth it.
  • zxshockaxzzxshockaxz Member Posts: 108
    I bought the course right after the webinar yesterday. I'm really impressed with it so far. It has so much more depth than the student course. I haven't played in the labs yet, but the labmanuals seem pretty nice. I'm looking forward to the exam.
    zxshockaxz, which plan did you enrolled in?
    I've also enrolled today. I will start with the systems security section and start the labs after that.
    I enrolled last week too.
    Just signed up! Think I'll start first with Network Security module. Too bad I'm at work and I can't dive in right away.
    Elearnsecurity is down. Nice, if you take into account the fact that all content is online.
    EDIT: Just talked to tech support, it's a hardware crash from their hosting provider, should be fixed soon.
  • dkorzhevindkorzhevin Member Posts: 50 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I also bought elearnsecurity new PTPv3 course after passed PTSv2, thanks to their 4-month installment plans.
  • zxshockaxzzxshockaxz Member Posts: 108
    Sorry for the late response and for kinda grave digging.
    I bought the 120 hour package. I'm REALLY enjoying the course. They do a great job explaining things. The lab manuals do an awesome job of guiding you through the labs and do a pretty good job of explaining their solutions. Planning on taking the exam in the next month or two.
  • MSP-ITMSP-IT Member Posts: 752 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I'm really debating taking this before the OSCP. I want to be well rounded and prepare myself for a solid base in penetration testing, but I also don't know if I'd have enough time to take both my Feb 2015. The monthly payment option is very attractive in comparison to dropping $1,200 at one time for the OSCP.
    It depends on whether or not you have experience with pentesting.
    If you only have general Information Security knowledge, acquired from certifications such as Security+/SSCP or related experience, I would recommend going through this course prior to OSCP, as well as a few linux materials.
    On the other hand, if you already have experience with metasploit, manual exploitation and privilege escalation on various operation systems, you should just go for OSCP, you're ready.
    I'm currently enrolled in this course and planning to take OSCP in fall. The above statements are based on various reviews I've read on both courses.
    I'll probably make a better comparison after taking both of them.

Good luck!