Options

Question about studying for/taking the A+ exam?

hannismhannism Member Posts: 112
Hey everyone,

I have a question. The A+ is two separate exams.

Do most people study for the 801 first, and then go back for the 802?

Or should I study for both at the same time?

I'm debating how I am going to tackle this certification. Any advise would be great.
Obtained: CompTIA Linux+ [X] CompTIA Security + [X] CCENT [X] CCNA: Routing and Switching [X] CCNA: Security [X] CCNA: Wireless [X] Linux Server Professional (LPIC-1) [X] SUSE Certified Linux Administrator [X]
Currently studying: Red Hat Certified System Administrator > Red Hat Certified System Engineer > CISSP

Comments

• Options
    aderonaderon Member Posts: 404 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I just went through and read the whole A+ book and studied for it like it was one test. There's not so much information that you'll be overwhelmed. Also, once you start doing your practice tests you'll become more than familiar with the differences between the two parts. I'd say save yourself some time and do it all at once if you can. Good luck!
    2019 Certification/Degree Goals: AWS CSA Renewal (In Progress), M.S. Cybersecurity (In Progress), CCNA R&S Renewal (Not Started)
  • Options
    stryder144stryder144 Member Posts: 1,684 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I, as well as others on this forum, have done both tests on the same day. Ton of stress but a gratifying feeling to have it over and done with.
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me
  • Options
    AW177AW177 Member Posts: 34 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I asked the same question before and here are the results: http://www.techexams.net/forums/a/98641-taking-each-test-1-time-question.html

I felt more comfortable taking the exams one at a time. I plan on taking the 802 on Tuesday. Good luck.
  • Options
    ImYourOnlyDJImYourOnlyDJ Member Posts: 180
    There is a great deal of overlap between both exams so I would say study for both as if it was one test.