Second shot with a discount?

So i registered for my 70-413 exam for Thursday and notice that the second shot now comes with a 20% discount as well.

Was it always like this or has MS just added this in the past month or two because i sat an exam in December and don't remember a discount with the second shot voucher.

Comments

• markrosoftmarkrosoft Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Typically it has just been the second shot only, but yes, until May 31st it is the second shot AND 20% off the exam first up.
    Amazing time to crack through some exams at a good price with some insurance.
  • pjd007pjd007 Member Posts: 277 ■■■□□□□□□□
    If you book in advance do you always have to pay a fee to change the exam date ?

I saw a thread a couple of weeks ago where someone said they were charged to do this and I'm sure it was said that this was due to the short notice.

I'm hoping I can get a couple of exams done before the voucher expires and then book some additional ones to take advantage of the saving and 2nd shot.
  • alokin123alokin123 Member Posts: 268
    pjd007 wrote: »
    If you book in advance do you always have to pay a fee to change the exam date ?

I saw a thread a couple of weeks ago where someone said they were charged to do this and I'm sure it was said that this was due to the short notice.

I'm hoping I can get a couple of exams done before the voucher expires and then book some additional ones to take advantage of the saving and 2nd shot.

You have 15 days:
    https://www.prometric.com/en-us/clients/microsoft/pages/reschedulecancellation-faqs.aspx
  • pjd007pjd007 Member Posts: 277 ■■■□□□□□□□
    alokin123 wrote: »
    Ah ok thanks that means it'll probably be worth booking a few exams before the voucher expires then simply rescheduling as required.
  • EspiOneEspiOne Member Posts: 62 ■■□□□□□□□□
    As Admiral Gial Ackbar said in the Star Wars , it's a trap. I purchased three voucher 3 months ago, relying on the the

"On-demand exam preparation (coming soon)

Prepare for your MCSA certification on Windows Server 2012 or Windows 8 with free on-demand exam preparation from Microsoft Virtual Academy."

I think that Microsoft is trying to get more certified on Server 2012.

No exam preparation has been announced. But bascally, you take the 1st exam, if you fail, you can retake it within 24 hours for free. A 2nd fail requires a 14 day wait. I am looking to take and fail 2 more exams before May 31st, due to thinking MS was actually providing exam prep for free. So depending on the your 1st exam, you can take up to 4 different exam, up until May 31st, 2014. An exam a week.