GOT MY A+ certification!

Techguru365Techguru365 Member Posts: 131 ■■■□□□□□□□
Took the 801 on april 4th and the 802 on april 8th(yesterday). spent about a week studying for the first one and four days studying for the 802. feels good to be able to put A+ certified technician on my resume:)

Comments

• TechDadTechDad Registered Users Posts: 7 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!! Awesome...
  • Techguru365Techguru365 Member Posts: 131 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • galedgaled Member Posts: 43 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!
  • AW177AW177 Member Posts: 34 ■■□□□□□□□□
    That's it? You only studied for about a week and got it? How awesome is that!!! I assume you have a lot of previous experience?
  • Techguru365Techguru365 Member Posts: 131 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I had experience working at a pc repair shop when i lived overseas. moved to the US in 09 and was found myself working mostly sales job since then. I recently realized that i wanted to get back into the IT field and the companies i did land an interview with seemed more interested in certification than experience, so I decided I really need to go ahead an validate my skills.
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats keep on moving!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Ilan38Ilan38 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    That's awesome!

Which training material did you use?
    I'm suffering to find complete one and not outdated...

thank you in advance
  • SharkDiverSharkDiver Member Posts: 844
    Congratulations!!!
    Way to go!
    icon_cheers.gif
  • ToxicWasteToxicWaste Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations on you achievement.
  • ItrimbleItrimble Member Posts: 221
    Congrats. I actually just passed my 801 & 802 yesterday. Now onto CIW test next week. 802 was harder than 801 mainly because of the old XP and Vista stuff. I work in the field and run into a very large amount of win7, win 8, winXP, but hardly any Vista computers. But the 802 does want you to definitely know the differences between these similar systems. Good luck to all.
    Goals for 2015 : Finish BS Network Administration at WGU
    Become CCNA, CISSP, CEH, VCP5-10 Certified
    Possible Start Masters in Information Security
  • 10Linefigure10Linefigure Member Posts: 368 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    CCNP R&S, Security+
    B.S. Geography - Business Minor
    MicroMasters - CyberSecurity
    Professional Certificate - IT Project Management
  • DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass icon_thumright.gif
  • walter18walter18 Member Posts: 49 ■■■□□□□□□□
    hi, how are you?, congrats
    how did you prepare and study and what materials did you use?
  • homemade88homemade88 Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats man. I remembered when I first got my A+, It took me a week of study per exam and during that time I was able to beat Donkey Kong Country Returns and Sonic Colors. Those two weeks were full of accomplishments lol.