Who's going to buy Google Glass today?

mikeybikesmikeybikes Member Posts: 86 ■■□□□□□□□□
Today only, for $1500!

https://glass.google.com/getglass/shop/glass

I want the tangerine one.

Comments

• networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Still a little too pricey for my taste though I do find them very interesting.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • JustFredJustFred Member Posts: 678 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I am in the year 2017 when they are between 199-299
    [h=2]"After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing, after all, as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true." Spock[/h]
  • BGravesBGraves Member Posts: 339
    Nah, really doesn't appeal to me. Price is extreme too, elite. Curious to see if they will ever make it affordable for the regular folks.
  • mikeybikesmikeybikes Member Posts: 86 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I would probably pay like $200 for the novelty it. Definitely not $1500.
  • pitviperpitviper Member Posts: 1,376 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I don't have time to play around with gadgets like I used too - so no point in being an early adopter. Maybe when they are $500 or less...
    CCNP:Collaboration, CCNP:R&S, CCNA:S, CCNA:V, CCNA, CCENT
  • jibbajabbajibbajabba Member Posts: 4,317 ■■■■■■■■□□
    This is really just a gadget so I don't think I could spend that sort of money for something I wouldn't use every day.
    My own knowledge base made public: http://open902.com :p
  • ScrawnyRonnieScrawnyRonnie Member Posts: 112
    Definitely not for that price! I actually wouldn't at any price. I still use a flip phone and don't care for these gadgets.
    :lol:
  • tpatt100tpatt100 Member Posts: 2,991 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I can look like a dork for a lot less money.
  • srabieesrabiee Member Posts: 1,231 ■■■■■■■■□□
    People are going to get those things snatched right off of their heads, especially if they live in high crime areas. It would be like having a $1500 purse stolen, but easier to identify and easier to steal IMO. icon_lol.gif

Or maybe I'm just being paranoid, lol

I still wouldn't trust $1500 loosely attached to my face though.
    WGU Progress: Master of Science - Information Technology Management (Start Date: February 1, 2015)
    Completed: LYT2, TFT2, JIT2, MCT2, LZT2, SJT2 (17 CU's)
    Required: FXT2, MAT2, MBT2, C391, C392 (13 CU's)

Bachelor of Science - Information Technology Network Design & Management (WGU - Completed August 2014)
    Well, you're looking at $800+ for a new cell phone so it's not like we aren't already walking around with expensive tech gear.
  • jibbajabbajibbajabba Member Posts: 4,317 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Well, you're looking at $800+ for a new cell phone so it's not like we are already walking around with expensive tech gear.

But we don't have to hold it to our ear 24/7 to make use of it :)
    My own knowledge base made public: http://open902.com :p
  • darkerzdarkerz Member Posts: 431 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I feel old now.

I'm already going in tonight for an eye check up, I'm definitely going to need glasses.

Google is just rubbing it in my face now.
    :twisted:
    jibbajabba wrote: »
    But we don't have to hold it to our ear 24/7 to make use of it :)

We don't have to, but most people I know are texting/browsing/facebooking about 90% of the time anyway!
  • YFZbluYFZblu Member Posts: 1,462 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Well, you're looking at $800+ for a new cell phone so it's not like we aren't already walking around with expensive tech gear.

Don't you think that's an inflated figure? The vast majority of people upgrade at a much lower cost than $800.
    Sure they do and I'm sure Google glass will eventually have a similar price point with contracts. I was just making the comparison that carrying around and using high priced tech is nothing new.
  • GarudaMinGarudaMin Member Posts: 204
    A person discovers he/she can record anything through the use of cool looking and new technology
    Google Glass for recording: $1500
    Cool new hair style to go with Google Glass: $15-$40
    App to secretly record through Google Glass: free
    Getting beat up and/or sue for wearing Google Glass and/or recording: priceless

too much? too little? :D
  • gbdavidxgbdavidx Member Posts: 840
    Way to expensive, i'll have to wait, i'd rather purchase a 5.1 home theater system
  • f0rgiv3nf0rgiv3n Member Posts: 598 ■■■■□□□□□□
    /begin_opinion
    This product is the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen and the "fashion" statement that comes with it is even more ridiculous.
    /end_opinion
    ^Sounds like my grandpa talking about cell phones!
  • mikeybikesmikeybikes Member Posts: 86 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Just wait, thirty years from now, all of us then old people will be telling the younger people about what things were like before smart glasses.
  • fredrikjjfredrikjj Member Posts: 879
    mikeybikes wrote: »
    Just wait, thirty years from now, all of us then old people will be telling the younger people about what things were like before smart glasses.

I doubt it. Maybe it's just me, but I seriously doubt that walking around with a camera on your head 24/7 (turned on or not) will become socially acceptable in my lifetime.
  • gbdavidxgbdavidx Member Posts: 840
    wait for a contact lense that will be able to do the same thing
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    gbdavidx wrote: »
    Way to expensive, i'll have to wait, i'd rather purchase a 5.1 home theater system

I'll second that it's cool tech but way to expensive I could spend maybe $500 at most for it. However, I would more likely spend only $200 on this gadget since it's a novelty. Otherwise I will pass icon_lol.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • tpatt100tpatt100 Member Posts: 2,991 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Mobile technology can keep advancing all it wants but until a major breakthrough in battery technology comes along things like watches and face gear will be a novelty. I use a Fitbit Flex and I wear it every day, so much I almost forget about it but it syncs with my mobile devices and keeps me walking during lunch. A big reason I like it is that I only have to charge it once a week over night.

If Apple or Google makes a really nice watch with fitness capabilities, simple notifications but most of all is a nice looking watch I will buy it but only if it has a battery life that I only have to plug it in maybe once a week(?) like the Pebble.
  • SteveLordSteveLord Member Posts: 1,717
    Just like with the Samsung smartwatch.....hipsters.
    WGU B.S.IT - 9/1/2015 >>> ???
  • f0rgiv3nf0rgiv3n Member Posts: 598 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I agree with you SteveLord. :) The kids these days and their new-fangled "glasses". icon_pirat.gif
  • FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Bunch of people around my office were walking around with them on today. They seem pretty cool. Personally I wouldn't buy them unless they came in the contact lens form, which is in the works. I did get to try out the glasses and it surprisingly worked very well.
  • j23evanj23evan Member Posts: 135 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I ordered one at 9am. At 9:05am Chase called my wife concerning 'suspicious activity'. My wife called me, and I told her yes, the charge is valid. She wasn't happy with that. At 9:10am I cancelled my order. =(
    https://vWrong.com - Microsoft Certified Trainer 2013-2018 - VMware vExpert 2014-2018 - Cisco Champion 2018 - http://linkedin.com/in/j23evan/
  • zxbanezxbane Member Posts: 740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    j23evan wrote: »
    I ordered one at 9am. At 9:05am Chase called my wife concerning 'suspicious activity'. My wife called me, and I told her yes, the charge is valid. She wasn't happy with that. At 9:10am I cancelled my order. =(

Lol, Denied!
  • ccnxjrccnxjr Member Posts: 304 ■■■□□□□□□□